Carnivore New Help

(Ron) #21

Watch this.

(Ashley) #22

No I don’t think that, I’ve just listened to different podcasts saying increase of meats= increase of insulin which means glucose. Which obviously eating does anyways but that’s why some people keep protein lower. Is just hearing mixed things from different types of high fat, low protein or high protein that it can be confusing what may be best for me personally.

(Ashley) #23

I will check into ghee. If I can get away with dairy that’s fine. I just think I’m eating way to much of it because it’s easy. So just thinking of a simpler approach.

(Ashley) #24

Watching this now! Thank you.

(Lonnie Hedley) #25

Not sure I can do 30 minutes of Rob Wolff. You have the cliffs notes?

(Elizabeth ) #26

(Ashley) #27

That was a quite informative video, I appreciate that. He explained a lot of the glucose things I have heard about being an issue.

(Ashley) #28

Thank you I’ll read up on this!

(Ashley) #29

I like how he states to try eating higher protein for a month, change it up, see if it helps and if not switch back. I think I’ll take this mentality and give it a go. Only thing I’m confused about is how much protein. My recommended is 75 p but I’m assuming I should be higher than that. I know you guys mentioned you don’t count but I don’t want to be under.

(Ashley) #30

Don’t like him?

(Ron) #31

He can have a foul mouth sometimes and is very opinionated but overall seems to be sensible.
The video he suggests to increase protein slowly until you seem to find the sweet spot that satisfies your hunger until the next meal and doesn’t overload your calorie amount.

(Ashley) #32

Ah I wasn’t aware, never seen him before. I’ll keep that in mind as I trial and error.

(Elizabeth ) #33

Don’t count or measure, just eat until you’re full. Leaner meats will give you higher protein because you’re going to eat more. Fattier Meats will reduce your protein intake.

(Lonnie Hedley) #34

I believe he’s credited with inventing BPC. Possibly self credited.

It’s not that I dislike him. I’m indifferent really. But not sure I can listen to him for 30 minutes.

(Teresa (turtle)) #35

I believe that Robb Wolf is a big proponent of Paleo and that it was Dave Asprey that is credited for the Bulletproof Coffee and Bulletproof Diet. :woman_shrugging:

(Lonnie Hedley) #36

Oops, got my people mixed up.

Although this suggests otherwise?

(Bacon for the Win) #37

true story. I believe Robb has come around to keto tho. It does work nicely in a Paleo framework.

(Ashley) #38

Ah gotcha!

(Ashley) #39

Thanks I will try to remember this as I try it out for a month see if there’s any differences

(Elizabeth ) #40

Try to keep this in mind this is a way of eating for Health it is not a diet for specific Target weight or muscle development.