Carnivore… More crazy benefits

(John) #41

If ODAD was as easy as OMAD I would be laughing all the way to the pub.

(Carolyn Griffin) #42

I have had several cats that loved veggies, peas, carrots, spinach, to name a few. If I didn’t share the veggies with them they would jump on the table and attack our plates. Who would have thought.

I had a friend who had a tomato lover and a spinach lover cat. Ours never liked these, not like I actively tried to give them vegs… But one idiotic tomcat ate the pure boiled white rice (not even fat was added) out of a pot and other cats seemingly gladly ate my raw vegan erm… not fried not-frikadellers? It’s so easier to say in Hungarian :smiley: It had vegs, walnut, spices. And they loved it… (I think I dropped a little, that’s how I know, I definitely didn’t do all that work for them. Not even for me, just a few times for fun. It was tasty and not satiating at all.)
All the cats I knew and could see their reaction hated green peas. Some meat soup with vegs? They ate the carrots and everything but always left the peas.

(Judy Thompson) #44

Afternoon!
Meetings today, and country music jam tonight, so not as much time to chill as I’m used to.
Before the 1st meeting I ate 1 boiled egg, just to get through it. Afterward, stripped the last of the chicken carcass we started eating Monday, and since that shredded it, I heated some beef bone broth, added some cream, and stirred in the chicken. It was delicious!
I think I’ll finish the liverwurst tonight with the gouda and smoked cheddar. And that’s a wrap for today folks!

(Robin) #45

Looks good and love your plates!

(Judy Thompson) #46

I did this sb egg and hamburger thing:

This hamburger is pretty sucky, tomorrow I’ll get some grass fed. At least my taste is starting to come back!
I looked up recipes for carnivore pizza, one has ground chicken and blended pork rinds, and a cheese and pepperoni topping. Going to pick up those ingredients and give it a try some time next week.
Cooking carnivore is like building with Legos, all the ingredients are basically always the same and you just stack them differently :joy:
The pizza wants a little Italian seasoning so I’ll go out on a limb and give that a try.

I like when I don’t have way too many options, carnivore is good at that. I still can try zillion things with my sponge cake muffins… I usually just mix eggs with eggs though, still so many possibilities… I mean it.

Tomorrow I make stuff I already made but in pan, not in the oven (yay no added fat or being there while it gets ready), in a different shape and I put stuff inside (the same that I mix into it anyway but they will be whole boiled eggs)… Wonderful. And spices make a difference sometimes. I usually ignore them but certain dishes depend on my fav sausage spice mix :wink:

(Judy Thompson) #48

Day 62 of Carni here, still not fat adapted but I know enough not to eat too much fat at night. Good night lastnight as I ate one small meal of heart yesterday and nothing lastnight. But this morning I was hungry and ate 2 eggs and bacon, hubby was excited about grilling the steaks so I partook a small amount, still I was running to the bathroom.
I really feel I wouldn’t have this problem if my gall bladder were able to express enough bile, and that in time it will step up to the plate. So to speak.

Tonight I have a few slices of heart and some cheddar. Teaching makes me hungry!