Carnivore… More crazy benefits

(Ruslee Hussain) #21

As a diabetic T2, I’ve been struggling to bring down my HBA1c to below 5.5 due to the presence of carbs in my keto diet(less than 20g). But with the elimination diet, I can see my daily BG goes down to below 5.5

(Robin) #22

Welcome! And good luck. I hope you find the support and resources you need here.

(Thomas P Seager, PhD) #23

HBA1c below 6 is pretty good if it’s still trending down!

(Thomas P Seager, PhD) #24

I never thought about a possible connection between migraines and blood sugars until you mentioned it. Your experience is consistent with this author, who also saw her migraines subside when she went low carb and started practicing ice baths.

(Judy Thompson) #25

@tpseager loved that cat article! When I had cats I wanted to put them on straight meat but at the time it wasn’t as well accepted and it was more difficult to get. But I know cats are obligate carnivores, and now there are several companies that provide raw carnivore cat food. Dogs get a little veggie - I cook a few carrots and grind them into my raw dog food. The book Pottenger’s Cats is a very good multi generational study of cats on both raw meat and “traditional” diets. Pottenger was a contemporary of Weston Price.

@Fangs Ty for the loving care you hand out so freely here! I do appreciate and need this forum right now and always look forward to reading your posts. There’s a lot of crazy writing out there about carnivore, but the best I can do is try stuff and see where it leads me and use the great guidance here.

@Azi I love reading your farm stories! How do you teach a dog not to eat chickens?
I’ve sous vided brisket @165 but possibly for 2-3 days. Tough beef seems to need that. How did yours come out?

Yesterday we picked up my brother in law at the airport and stopped for BBQ coming back. We got 2 lb of brisket and 4 sausages for nearly $100! Much cheaper to smoke it all ourselves but Rudy’s is a tradition for us during his visits. You have to request “moist” brisket to get packers cut, or it’s very dry. Anyway, it was delicious, and we have enough for another meal. They use salt and pepper but no fancy rubs and I’m definitely not saucing, ugh.

Night before last I had 3 sb eggs and was up 5x with D so I think no night time snacks and maybe cutting out eggs for a bit. Tonight, nothing, but I was trotting at 3,4,and 5 am, so far- it’s now 5:45.

However, people are saying I look great (wow) and pain and discomfort from arthritis is so much improved. The night trots are irritating but they don’t cut into my daytime energy, amazingly. Hubby has stopped hounding me to quit this, with the improvements we’re seeing. (Plus he likes his more plastic, packaged diet - iceberg lettuce and Jello pudding packs, that I’d never have around before :slight_smile:

@FrankoBear where are you? I hope you’re OK.

that is a good sign. you are not fatigued. alot of times if the dreaded D drags you down with fatigue and crampy type other symptoms then you have it worse, I think if you are ‘kinda ok’ still physically and energy wise thru this change, that is a great sign you will change out of this adaption so loved reading that…

plus so cool on people complimenting you! I don’t miss that ol’ joint pain I had one bit :sunny:

I have to be very careful on buying brisket cooked at bbq joints also. many are SO VERY dry. they cut all the best great good fat off it, such a shame. I find it not worthy to eat so dry anymore, lol. I so understand ya on that! Nice food pic!!

great post!

(Robin) #27

Love it. I could tackle that in no time!

(Judy Thompson) #28

You have to ask for a moist cut of brisket, I found that out the hard way. Then you get the part right near the fat cap. Far better!

(Judy Thompson) #29

We went to the brewery today and took my brother in law. I got my rib eye and it was very good. Hubby had the last few bites and was impressed with how good it was!
Had a little liverwurst and small slices of gouda and smoked cheddar tonight, just a tiny bit, hoping to sleep tonight.
Here’s the steak:

(John) #30

:thinking::thinking: When I go to a brewery, especially when with my brother in law, I just get wasted!!

are you really a carnivore that drinks beers, ales and lagers?
that is a rare thing to find kinda HAHA

(John) #32

No, that’s just my British sense of humor coming out.
I haven’t had a beer since August!:sleepy::sleepy:

OHHH ya fooled me on that one cause getting wasted on some good ales and more what I sure did in the past!!! on carnivore, my gosh if I drank one now I would have to go to hosp HAHA
too funny

I haven’t had one in about 4 yrs now and don’t miss it. last time I beer’d out was while in hot weather, swimming and relaxing and I paid dearly for it being very sicky from it, lol
darn beer had to come out of my fun equation simply for the fact I got so sick and it wasn’t worth it.

grade up. I drink hard liquor only, takes alot less for a fun buzz and carnivore approved :partying_face:

what ya drinking now, if anything yet?

(John) #34

Don’t say that!! I am sure I will be coerced into having one by my friends one day. I am afraid I can be easily led astray - especially where alcohol is concerned!!:crazy_face:

ohhh if and when off beer, ales and lagers for a long time, you drink one and for me, I bloat instantly…on the second one I would start to feel tummy issues and if I pushed a 3rd one I would be sick for a day with that crap going thru my body…while I was one to drink 12 or more brews back in the day, slamming those down…omg we change as we age and when the body is clear on healthy eating and we feel our best, it takes so little to show us the ICK side LOL

no one could have convinced me I would be off beer in my entire lifetime, yea my clean diet eating convinced me, I convinced myself!

now some can still do a few and do fine, it is who you are and how ya feel after I guess :slight_smile: for me I was shocked it was over…but in the end, eh it IS only a darn beer ya know HAHA

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #36

Isn’t that good for what ales you? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Sometimes I just slay me, lol!)

(John) #37

@Fangs
I am ashamed to say that I started drinking beer at the age of 3. I could send you a photo of me stealing my Mother’s beer sitting around the pool in Aden.

Since then I never stopped until last year - 55 years later!!
Hopefully, my constitution is hardened through half a century of abuse!:sunglasses:

I can’t afford private medical health, so if I do get coerced into drinking again, I will be sure not to drink more than 5 pints.

(Judy Thompson) #38

Jesty “When I go to a brewery, especially when with my brother in law, I just get wasted!!”
Haha! What a great thread we have here right now!
Right after starting carni in Jan we went to the brewery and not thinking I ordered a light beer. It tasted weird. The next time, it just tasted bad. I tried a Coors light at the country bar and those are never good anyway but my tastes have really changed. At home, just hard liquor, so now at the brewery hubby drinks his 3 beers and for that same money I get this beautiful 12 oz ribeye and a bottle of mineral water. Seems like a better use of funds and we both go home happy!
@Fangs your body KNOWS doesn’t it? Good to have such a perfect barometer of health!

well that is great ya put yourself on a limit LOL
:slight_smile:

age 3 I was hounding down ribs and roasts, never thinking beer, you devil you HA

(John) #40

@Fangs I guess I should describe myself as an alchovore from now on?