Carnivore 2 week Challenge with Thomas DeLauer

challenge

(Chris) #22

Have you seen this?

(Allie) #23

I just listen and don’t watch, YouTube premium means I can turn the screen off and treat them like a podcast :slight_smile:

(Paul H) #24

If you EVER put Ghee on my Ribeye I will be going to jail and you the hospital. Bought some opened it… gag…tried it…went immediately into the trash can… Yuk… Just bought some grass fed butter…$4 half pound… I need a part time job.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #25

What about livestock being fed soy and the estrogen levels that accumulate in them?

(Chris) #26

For pigs and chickens, sure. They don’t have a rumen. I have yet to see any evidence that cows pass that along in their meat.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #27

Yes, I looked at their table showing ratios of ω-6 to ω-3, and even the worst grain-finished beef was still within the health recommendations. So while the grass-finished may have an edge, it’s not as though the grain-finished will kill us. I believe it is important not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

In fact, and if I remember correctly, there is evidence that cows do not pass that along. So evidence of absence, not just absence of evidence.

(Chris) #28

I absolutely adore this saying.

(Khara) #29

I was just talking about this tonight. I’ve never tried it, and don’t really know why it’s used. You clearly don’t like it but I sure hear a lot of people talking about ghee. I assume people use it to fully eliminate dairy? What didn’t you like? Flavor? Can you describe?

(Allie) #30

The shop bought stuff is nasty and loaded with crap. Homemade with 100% butter is lovely.

(Paul H) #31

I think it’s more of a fat thing. Its suppose to be clarified butter… I love butter. Well it smelled rancid… nothing like butter… very pungent… and the taste was the same…nothing like butter… instant turn off…maybe it was bad or just like Allie is saying…

(Paul H) #32

Yea I might have to try making some … love butter and need more fat an less protein.

(Jane) #33

It is easy to make and waaaaaay cheaper. It has a brown butter, nutty flavor you don’t find in store bought ghee. Just have to be careful not to burn the milk solids in the bottom of the pan when you make it.

(Jane) #34

I use it to finish off meat I’ve cooked with my sous vide. Because it has no milk solids you can heat it to a higher temp than butter to get a good sear on the meat.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #35

Come on, Paul, join the ghee club! :rofl:

(Jane) #36

:woman_facepalming:

eta: we really need a “groan” emoticon!

(Allie) #37

They add chemicals to it to make it smell more “buttery” but it makes it smell and taste weird. I won’t use store bought ghee at all.