Carl's Ketoky Fried Chicken Biscuits

(carl) #1

Originally published at: http://blog.2keto.com/recipe/carls-ketoky-fried-chicken-biscuits/

These are the biscuits that accompany my Ketoky Fried Chicken and Cole Slaw. They are simple and delicious, especially hot out of the oven with butter or gravy.[wpurp-searchable-recipe] - - almond flour, baking powder, eggs (beaten), butter, salt, Preheat oven to 350F (177C); While oven is preheating, melt butter over low heat.; Mix wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.; Combine ingredients. Use a wooden spoon. Batter will be too thick for whisking.; Use an ice cream scoop with lever to create biscuits.; Drop each biscuit on a parchment-lined cookie sheet a few inches apart.; Bake for 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Serve immediately with butter.; - [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]

(Carl Keller) #2

Catchy title so I couldn’t resist to take a peek. These would be great for mopping up the steak grease/juice on my plate. Looks like 1 carb per biscuit.

(Carl Keller) #3

Just tried these (dripping with Kerrigold butter) and aside from being a little dry and dense in the middle, I was totally getting the “I am eating a biscuit” sensation without feeling any guilt. I think next time I will put some of these under some over easy eggs and or try to make some keto sausage and gravy.

Thanks for posting this Carl.