Carbs is your brain food

(Richard Morris) #1

This is the advice that almost lost me a toe.

Namely that Diabetics should

• have 50-60g carbs each meal
  • have a meal every 2 hours
  • maintain portion control

(KB) #2

So aggravating!

(Kylie Woodruff) #3

Sweet baby cheeses we don’t get potatoes that size in Australia do we!

Patsy Patsy Patsy yikes!!!

Haha a shit storm just started breaking out on YouTube comments. :umbrella::poop:

I went and donated my “thumbs down” vote. :-1:

Funny that NO ONE liked the video on YouTube. I wonder why :thinking:

And seriously, who the fuck takes half plate of fresh strawberries, put them in the freezer, and then eat them as a frozen dessert 2 hours later.

(John) #6

My wife did, but you have to put about a 1/4 cup of sugar on em first.

(Adam Kirby) #7

wow haha she literally gets everything wrong.

(John) #8

Hell i’m from the South and I could barely understand her.

Bless her heart. :wink:

(ianrobo) #9

thanks for that added my two pennies worth

I can’t help but notice that the majority of nutritionists and other “experts” that preach a high carb diet tend to be very overweight. I wonder why that is…

(Ross Daniel) #11

holy fucking shit she is ignorant.

(Mike Glasbrener) #12

This is so wrong!!! OMG!!! It goes against everything I understand about controlling insulin. My wife is an extremely well educated ICU nurse. She gets patients fresh out of open heart surgery and keeps them alive amongst other things. I showed her this expecting her to be shocked! She listened to it and said yup that’s right. That’s the conventional wisdom wrt dietary guidance for diebetic patients!:grimacing: She saw nothing wrong with it. This explains why diabetes is an incurable progressive disease in the US. If the AMA guides patients to worse outcomes then of course you get the results we see.:slightly_frowning_face:

(Mike Glasbrener) #13

Oh! And wife brought home pizza for dinner. I of course had none. Left over rib eye, olives and some cheese. I’m a happy satiated boy.

(Sheri Knauer) #14

Holy crap. “Youse gotta to cut dat baked tater in half so then y’all have room for a roll” I couldn’t even watch the last minute of it because my eyes were hurting from the profound eye rolling I was doing the first 2 minutes. I wouldn’t be surprised if she ended it with, “Now if y’all cut off another sliver of baked tater off, then you make some room to spread some margarine on your roll.” WTF kind of shoddy advice given to someone who is in their situation (T2D) because of advice exactly like she is giving.

(David) #15

The video is four years old. I wonder if the same advice is offered today. Sadly, I know where I would put my money.

(Brad) #16

I feel like this should be in the SPAM category, along with all the other so called science.

(Carolus Holman) #17

Show me a dietician who is healthy. This lady needs keto.

(Randy) #18

Dislikes 67, Likes 0.

I added my 2 cents:

Hopefully this place will be shut down soon so they won’t be able to kill any more people. Diet based genocide.

(Darlene Horsley) #19

GOOOD GAWD! Horrifying!

Population control