Carbs is your brain food

(Christopher Proctor) #21

looks like all i need to be a doctor is a white coat and a plastic badge (brain optional) (truth not needed)

(Consensus is Politics) #22

Yes. I had to go to a diabetes class recently after being diagnosed as a Type 2. Elsewhere there is thread here where I spoke of mocking them about serving sizes.

This October 31st, I have another dietitian appointment for them to check up on me, ā€œand see how Iā€™m doingā€. No thanks to them, going against THEIR serving suggestions of 45~60 carbs PER MEAL /facepalm I now have my blood sugars under control. Today it has been in the 90ā€™s with a 7 week avg of 111, a 14 day avg of 122, and a 30 day avg of 150. I began Keto on my birthday, Oct 6th.

I have never been one to ā€œrub it into someones faceā€ before. But this time Iā€™m going in armed to the teeth with data. This is MY LIFE they are screwing with. We had a saying in the Air Force about the doctors there in (ok, we had several sayings) ā€œAir Force Doctors take the saying, ā€˜practicing medicineā€™ quite literallyā€.

(ianrobo) #23

on several other no diet related forums people complain about T2D and when you try and explain that they can be cured, it is amazing to see the negative reaction. It does not matter what I link them to their belief in the GP etc and dieticians is amazing

(Ken) #24

Nothing like advocating slow suicide via nutritional pattern, completely in denial of the past several decades of Science.

(Christopher Proctor) #25

Very interesting Book by Jim Mars Called ā€œPopulation Controlā€ talks about people just like in this video

(Consensus is Politics) #26

I didnā€™t know about the book. But I was considering posting something about population control. No matter how I wrote it it looked like I was nuts.

To be honest, the world I see today frightens me.
I donā€™t believe its because Iā€™m getting older, or have a rose tinted rearview mirror. In fact, I have quite a youthful, willing to learn outlook on life, but I feel like Iā€™m surrounded by entitled zombies, nihilistic crowd followers, and pleasers. A veritable tsunami of people who believe its the governments job to do everything for them, including telling them how they should eat!

(Christopher Proctor) #28

You should definitely be scared, the feeling is justified and really should be considered just an amazing perception. It-is-realā€¦ Once I read ā€œGrain Brainā€ and ā€œGood Calories, Bad caloriesā€ā€¦ My life was forever changed. I started seeing what was really going onā€¦ The system is designed to keep the populous dumb and suppressedā€¦ Itā€™s workingā€¦

Yep, its like wash, rinse, repeat!

(Ross) #30

OMFG! Sheā€™s supposed to be a diabetes health educator on nutrition and sheā€™s at least 100 pounds overweight!!! Whatā€™s wrong with this picture?

(Boston_guy) #31

Looks like she follows her own adviceā€¦

(ianrobo) #32

guys that is fat shaming and we are better than that ā€¦

(Consensus is Politics) #33

Well Iā€™m not. Not to hypocrites anyway.

(Adam Kirby) #34

Simple, she follows her own shitty advice!

(Ross) #35

Simply a very true observation.

If her own best advice got her to that point of sickness (insulin resistance), then she should have the good sense to rethink it and not offer it to others.

(ianrobo) #36

do you remeber when Jason Fung said this and what followed ?

Is everyone on here slimline then ? I am not I am still in obese levels according to BMI (yeah I know !)

(Ross) #37

The difference being WE have correctly identified the core problem and are addressing it.

Obesity is the most obvious symptom on IR.
Her own best advice has made her sick & sheā€™s pushing that sickness (and worse) onto others.
Iā€™m not going to ignore the obvious.

(Consensus is Politics) #38

Yep. How much you want to bet her HBa1c is 5.7 or higher. And as we all know, it only trends up from there unless measures are taken to bring it back into control. And by control I mean diet.