Carbs in thick/ heavy cream?

(Keto Koala 🐨) #21

Spot on F, must not compare to others. Must make it my new mantra. Not just with food but with everything. That’s half the problem with this world. People are always comparing themselves with each other. Whether it’s talents, looks, money, career, weight loss, the list goes on and on. Yeah we are not all hybrid clones. Lovely advice as always :heart:

(Jennibc) #22

Where is the USDA database? I would love a link! I have been using SELF’s data base.

(bulkbiker) #23

https://fdc.nal.usda.gov

i find this one more amenable though … all values per 100g

(Jennibc) #24

This doesn’t seem to have any values - just some PDF that I glanced through but cannot find values. Am I missing something?

(bulkbiker) #25

https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/452855/nutrients

type the name of the food type you are looking for… hit the search button then click on the result you want to see.

https://nutritiondata.self.com/

I used this site like crazy back in the day. Loved it. Easy to use, look up any foods and get great values on it and graphics. Just posting it if anyone wants to check it out :slight_smile:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #27

Thanks F, will check it out. I went shopping today and yes, took the oily gluggy tuna to the food bank. It took me ages cos I was reading all the ingredients. I really badly wanted salami and there was only one that was ok. The others had some sort of flour starchy crap in them. And omg it was so good. I didn’t mean to but I only ate meat and cheese today and eggs. I was so stuffed after lunch that I couldn’t finish dinner. I just couldn’t. So the lettuce had to go :joy:. Only ended up eating about 650 calories but if I had have eaten anymore I would have brought it all back up. I find I’m getting fuller quicker everyday. The only time I feel real hunger is if it’s been like 17 hours. I bought shrimp today too :fried_shrimp::fried_shrimp::fried_shrimp:

@Bubby1 Aimee. You’re an Aussie, yeah? Go for the Meander Valley Double Cream from Tasmania. 300mL tub, 2.6g carbs per 100mL. Even if you ate the whole tub, it’s still well within the carb limits. It is very hard to eat a whole tub. This is not an ice bucket challenge. You Australians are so competitive.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #29

Yep I’m an Aussie, but seriously if I could live anywhere it would be Norway. I cannot STAND hot weather and Australia is bloody hot. I thought you were Australian too, only cos I heard you say “crikey”. :joy:. Your not?? Hey, thanks I will get that heavy cream. I only put it in my coffee in the morning. You know what I’m sick to death of right now…Sour cream. I love it but urkkk I’ve had enough for a while. :nauseated_face::joy:

Because I don’t agree with the loud mouth politicians currently claiming to be in charge, I’ve been exiled to unAustralia.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #31

Well maybe I should join you!! :flushed:. Don’t even get me started on Scott Bloody Morrison. :imp:. Did you know he did a speech about the bushfires and said “Don’t worry, the sea will rise in a few years and wash out the fires”. He’s a F##king D##khead… by the way, love ya profile pic. Mr Omally the ally cat…love it!!:joy::cat: