Can't lose

(Karen) #4

Debbie, are you sure your calories need to be only 1200. Have you calculated them? You might find more will make you “less” :grin:

(Richard Hanson) #5

Hi Debbie,

I was so hoping that this was a trip report to Las Vegas …

Seriously … welcome to the forum.

How much carbs are you eating?

Keto for Life!

Warmest Regards,
Richard

(Debbie) #6

It says they should be between 1500 and 2000. I am 5’3" and weigh 208lbs. I got the info off a keto calculator

(Debbie) #7

Thank you, I don’t plan on quitting, just feeling a little bummed. Lol

(Karen) #8

I have better loss when I don’t hold my calories down. I lose at 1500, not at 1200.

I used keto ruled me calculator and it asked how much of a deficit I wanted. I now know that that is CICO thinking. I do 1200 keto , and add 300 caloris more fat.

K

(Allie) #9

Give your body the fuel it needs to heal and do what you want it to do, eat, do not restrict calories. Once your body has adapted and is burning fat as you want it to, you can then play around with calorie reduction if you really feel the need… but your body will not adapt to fat burning without the nourishment it needs.

(Debbie) #10

I feel full so no problem with that. I eat one meal a day, 6 0z of meat and a cup of green beans. After that later in the day usually a 1/4 cup of vegi dip and vegetables, later maybe 10 olives or maybe 1 oz of pork skins. I pretty much eat all my food in a 8 hour span of time.

(Debbie) #11

I sort of thought my calories were low. I am full so can’t see eating more.

(Debbie) #12

I guess I will try and be patient, after all I have only been using the app for 8 days. Thanks everyone

(Debbie) #13

Thank you I will keep trying

(Debbie) #14

Hi Richard and thank you. My carbs are around 11 - 15 grams.

(Gail Williamson Wilkison) #15

Well I have been on since Jan 2 2018,and all I have done is gained I’m using the sensa app,which says eat no more then 1890 calories 25 carbs, ,85 protien,161 fats well that my friend is hard I eat between 1400 to 1650 I stay below the carbs,protein I say the high 60s and fats haha I haven’t broken a 100 yet, here is a break down of what I eat
Up at 545 I have 2 to 3 cups of coffee with 1 tsp of xlya and heavy cream in each cup,a cuz stick or 2 strawberry at 10,lunch is between 1 or 2 I have either a burger pattie with cheddar chz, lettuce leaf,4 pickle slices,mayo or mustard or half chef salad,or 7 strips of bacon with cheddar cuz melted on top a lettuce leaf,mayo dinner as between 6 and 7 I have done the keto salmon patties,or the easy keto tuna salad,or almond milk and frozen blackberry an some heavy cream grred together for a shake,or I have nothing and all I have done is gained so what am I doing wrong,I have the strips,an yes I’m in ketosis, my job is an active one always on my feet up down walking lifting hauling etc,I’m 49 weigh 225 and I’m 5 9

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #16

I don’t know how anyone can count calories accurately. I’m pretty sure I undercount every time I tried to do so.

Personally what I found was that as my own progress stalled, I started changing things up. I used to have heavy cream with my coffee or tea. Now, I don’t (except right after I eat). I also switched from two meals a day to one to sometimes every other day. Granted I did all this over the course of six months or so.

Also, getting adequate sleep is highly important. It is sorely underrated.

(Debbie) #17

I’m new to this but your calories and fat on the app sound real high. I use the app from the atkins site. Approx 70 protein, 20 carbs, 100 fat and 1500 calories. Good luck to you and I’m sure someone on here will be able to help you

(Lonnie Hedley) #18

Atkins is typically higher protein moderate fat vs. Keto which is higher fat moderate protein. Those numbers look pretty good to me. Mostly because they are almost exactly my macros.

(Allie) #19

Proper sleep is seriously underrated by way too many people, in every aspect of life.

(Dan Dan) #20

Your starving :open_mouth:

Keto is about being ‘Fat Adapted’ using ‘Fat as fuel’ rather than ‘Carbs’ ergo the ‘Low Carb High Fat’. Calories only matter if its the wrong kind.

Examples of wrong calories:

1. Restricting Calories (‘Low Calorie’) - Keto is not ‘Calorie Restricted’. Eat until you are ‘Satiated’

2. Restricting Fat - Keto uses ‘Fat as Fuel’. ‘High Dietary Fat’ is necessary to become ‘Fat Adapted’.

3. High Carbs - Keto is ‘Low Net Carb’. 'High Dietary Carbs will delay or prevent ‘Fat adaptation’.

4. Lean Protein - Keto is ‘Moderate Protein’. Lean meat is high in Protein and low in fat. ‘Fatty Meat is Moderate in Protein and Moderate to High in Fat’ and preferable.

Keep it Simple :smile:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Consensus is Politics) #21

Like most of us, chances are you are become BG insulin resistant. Do you know your A1c? If not, get it checked ASAP. If you are insulin resistant, type 2 diabetic , like I am, you may need to go zero carb for a while. Losing weight isn’t about how much you eat. It’s about how often. If your eating window is wide, your insulin levels never come down to allow fat burning to take place. You will hear the term intermittent fast thrown around a lot here. I myself, never would have called it fasting. But to be true to the term of fasting, it just means the time you aren’t eating. You want you ‘fasting window’ to be bigger than your eating window. As far as I know there isn’t a magic ratio for that. I use about a 6 hour eating window and a 18 hour fasting window. This allows about three times longer time to burn fat, than the time where I can’t.

Insulin levels are key to losing weight. Shrink your eating/snacking/drinking (anything that isn’t just water) window as small as possible. In the fasting window, nothing but water. You should see a change pretty quickly.

Something I never tire talking about is my 40 pounds in 14 days. I don’t have any pants that fit right anymore. They all are falling off🤠

(Gail Williamson Wilkison) #22

I’m not a diabetic,I have had all checked,only medical issue I have is thyroid so I take meds for that

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #23

Someone of us do ok with black coffee, but you’ll have to do your own n=1 experiment.