Can we get people to stop freaking out about not losing weight fast enough?

(Wendy) #21

What? Is that a thing? My understanding is muscle memory is the nerves know how to do certain things, play a piece of music, other physical movements. Are you making this stuff up?
And zero muscle mass? I assume you are just using hyperbole.

Muscle memory is a thing with weight lifting too

(Nicole Silvia) #23

Most people on this diet seem to drop a ton of weight right away, so it’s only natural to question why I have not.

Regardless, I feel like my relationship with food and hunger is so much better that it’s inevitable that I will lose over time. I am really heavy with tons of fat to spare and I enjoy activities that would only improve dramatically if I lost weight… so, yea, I do hope it will speed up.

Weight loss is a huge drive of diet of any kind. So, I get what you’re saying, but it’s important that I lose weight on a diet. If I don’t, my activities are more of a strain to my body and I wonder if there’s something wrong.

(Running from stupidity) #24

It’s less a diet per se than a change of lifestyle/way of eating, IMHO.

It took me a long time to get my body into as a bad a shape as it is, it’ll take me a fair while to get it fixed.

(Wendy) #25

Okay. So do muscles “remember” being larger? I’m just curious what that means? Thank you.

(R L) #26

For you maybe. For some of us this may be our last hope at weight loss. Ive been stalled for 4 months. Should I KCKO? Not if it isnt working. I know me and i know that i am on the verge of giving up. Only continued weight loss will keep me motivated.
Im trying deperately to keto on rather than give up, but to hear that some of you are upset at others need for answers and results, seems rather rude.
We’re not all like you, and if you dislike those threads so much, cant you just scroll on by?
Those threads may hold the answer for someone in need.
Let us all choose to read the threads that benefit us.

(Nicole Silvia) #27

Sort of, actually… if you were fit in the past, your body remember’s being in that state. It also remembers if you had more muscle, specific workouts and movements, etc. It created those neuropathways and will more easily return to using those pathways if you so choose.

Like riding a bike

(Nicole Silvia) #28

I feel your pain. My friend feels the same as you. Try not to stress over it though, your body hates stress. Idk, if you are, but are you exercising at all? Even just walking?

How about seeking out a professional in your area to help you?

(Running from stupidity) #29

Sorry, what did I say in what you quoted that relates to the above?

(R L) #30

It’s actually this whole thread but “its a way of life”? I dont want a way of life that feels like i’m beating my head against a wall with nothing to show for it but lumps!
Im sorry i singled you out but this whole thread sounds like the more expierenced people here are tired of the same questions from new comers.
Sorry, but were all at different stages on this journey. I hope i make it to the place youre all in today.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #31

This might be. Went lazy keto 3 years ago and lost maybe 45 lbs pretty fast. Gained some back. 3 months ago went full keto and I have been really strict about it. One day maybe went to 60g carbs for a wedding of a dear friend.

Lost 18 lbs. Lost at least 4 inches around the waist. Much fat gone everywhere but the belly. Many NSV.

According to my PCP my level of system inflammation the last 3 years was lower than she had ever seen it with me.

Now I’m pushing with IF 18/6 and soon EF.

Amen!

I do scroll on by. KETO IS NOT A DIET. It is a way of life! Live it, or don’t live it. Its as simple as that!

But it is a way of life. If you decide to go back to the way of eating that lead you to keto you may very well end up where you began. That may be with extra weight or it may be metabolic issues.

Everyone is at a different place in their journey and I don’t think anyone has an issue with that. A little reading would answer a lot of questions that get asked over and over again and sometimes multiple times by the same person. And I am not an old timer but a relative newbie compared to others.

(R L) #35

I read all the time, watch videos too but some of these comments just ostracize newcomers.

Exactly, and I’d rather have a slice of butter than a slice of bread. I can’t believe the difference in my health. Its taken me 18 months to lose 75 pound, and I no longer care if it takes another 18 months to lose just 1 pound more. I finally have a way of eating that isn’t killing me, and that is worth more than carbs!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #37

There are so many here working through stalls. Perhaps read through some stall threads and see what worked for others. Many different tweaks are suggested. It is a way of life/eating however - because no one here wants to go back to the way we were. Once you lose the weight, then what? What will you eat? I am doing this to lower my triglycerides, which are a marker for heart attacks/strokes. Once I get them down with keto, this is going to be my way of eating for life. (Not that I will never have a non-keto meal, but I will definitely continue the trend.) How long have you been doing keto?

Honesty isn’t ostracizing.

If you use KETO as a diet, when you stop you will get fat and sick again just like any other diet. KETO, is about never having to go through it ever again, and is why it should be adopted as a lifestyle.

(R L) #39

Ive been doing keto 7 months and i would have no problem with keto being a woe, if it were working for me. I have researched stalls and have been trying things like IF, lower than twenty total carbs, lower and higher calories, etc. Lower fat higher protien is what im trying now, after that ill try carnivore. What else can i do?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #40

A lot of ladies on here have consulted their doctors about hormonal issues. Have you had a complete thyroid panel? I’m at six months, and still have a belly and love handles, but they are getting better every week or so. (I do weights at home as well.) Not to be too nosey, but are you testing for ketones in any way?