Can’t get a grip

I am having an issue that I haven’t had before. In the past if I gained a few pounds I would just get on track and the scale would move. Not now, can’t make it move. I’m thinking that the past 18 months are catching up with me. Not only dealing with COVID but had a Hugh HR issue between 2 employees that I been involved in. Didn’t have the option to work from home. I work in a homeless shelter and we can’t close. No vacation and none in my future, my assistant is retiring so have to hire and train

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Sorry to hear that. Stress alone can raise insulin, so a lot of us are in the same boat with you. And it does seem that successive attempts at keto are harder, as well. A high-carbohydrate diet is definitely not the solution, so try to keep calm and keto on!

(Laurie) #3

Sorry things have been rough for you. Have you considered carnivore (no veg, no nuts, etc.) and/or intermittent fasting (e.g., 2 meals a day)? Best wishes.

(Joey) #4

@Vbgirlv Welcome back… you know you can do this. Power on and take as good care of yourself as you’re taking care of others.

(Robin) #5

My fear is exactly what you are describing. You can’t control your current situation at work. So you must must must get strict control back in your eating. That’s so hard, especially if you are an emotional eater. But gaining control (STRICT) with what you eat will be a life saver if you just hang on and stay the course. Glad you reached out. Start checking in daily… there is a lot of encouragement here and many who share their struggles, like you. Hang in there… you’ve got this.

(Joey) #6

@Vbgirl BTW, here’s a recent episode from Keto Woman that might be of help… https://ketowomanpodcast.com/0196/ :vulcan_salute:

(Laurie) #7

@robintemplin has a good point. Strict adherence is actually easier than trying to bend the rules, etc.

(Susan) #8

I am so sorry that you have had such a rough time of it lately with the Pandemic and work situations. I can totally relate to this past 18 months being a nightmare for all of us, and you must feel really overwhelmed. Keto is awesome for our mental health as well as our physical health, so please try to remember that and stay on Keto, even if you are on a plateau and not losing weight right now.

Some people find doing a Fast for a few days can help the scale move along when they are in this situation. If that is too hard, maybe do as @islandlight has suggested and do IF of eating twice a day and fasting for 18 hours. Good luck, and I hope that you can find a new assistant that you work well with. Take care!

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Karen has a thread about this issue. She has food lists and other tips in the thread.

Welcome to WHK

of course it is hard thru tought/stress crazy times in normal life then add covid as a global issue and yes we go out of whack.

key being what is the most important thing on the planet at this time?

YOU cause if you are healthiest you can enact and deal with all the crazy crap that comes your way so push past the ‘immediate’ and always consider the big picture of it all…a better you and when you self care YOU, then you can put you out there and deal better with the BS of what is thrown at you.

sending you the best vibes to deal with it, I know I hear you on it all!!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. My week was ok, up and down a few lbs. i do check my ketones and they show a level from .05 to 1.1 this week. I think the fact that I’m not sleeping well is a factor.

I do intermittent fasting, usually around 18-20 per day. I’m trying to get in a walk each day, but dealing with a knee that needs to be replaced.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, they helped

Do you track you food intake or eat intuitively? Stress will move that needle for you and you’ll never feel it happening! Do you work out? have you been eating super low calorie to try to loose? (hope not). The more we know about what you’re doing specifically the better we can make suggestions.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

Maybe do a google for seated exercises, just moving is the important part. Tons of videos and blogs on seated exercise.

Had a better week. Made sure to cook at home