Can I restart keto will it work?

It really does! I’ve even searched for some of the people I’ve heard interviewed and found episodes on other podcasts that I don’t subscribe to (like those tailored to athletes). I feel like I have a personal motivational coach every morning!
Keep pounding, as we North Carolinians say! I’m in my third month and seeing the weight finally start to come off like it did the first week or two! It would have been tougher to stick through the past 8 weeks without the dudes and Carrie Brown, among the many informative and inspirational people there and HERE!

Hogwash!

The fact that you have been keto for a good length of time before, will make it easier if anything IMO. Just get stuck back in and move forwards. You have gained back some of the weight sure, but not all of it. So you have just had a bit of a setback. there aren’t many people who can lose weight in a nice, neat linear fashion with no slip ups or regains. You can do this and we are all here to support you. x

I really don’t think this is a sensible thing to be discussing in the Newbies category @bodwest. Given the fact that @Lilhead is also talking about getting back into keto after falling off the wagon, doubly so. The worse thing you can do is tell someone it is OK to have cheat days, to build them into a woe. For most of us, this is a ticket to disasterville. If you want to talk about carb cycling in an n=1 way (there is an n=1category), that’s fine, but please be careful where you discuss and recommend it.

(Cat) #24

Thank you Daisy, I have started back on today and I’m going to be strict this time!

Always worth being strict (as much as you can) until you are fat adapted, purely because it makes your life easier. Then, when you get into a nice keto rhythm, you can work out the balance that is going to work for you so that you can sustain it. You’ve got this and we’ve got you back. x

Agree with the poster who said this idea comes from the “one golden shot” in the 1990s Atkins books. I’m currently on my second go with a low carb wol. Weight loss is harder this time. But I think that’s because I’m older, not because I’ve done it before.

(Lard is Love) #27

Just to reiterate what others have said about people being different- I was on the wagon in 2012 and lost loads of weight. Got off, gained it all back, and in late 2016 I started again. Weight fell right off again. So, everyone is different.

(carl) #28

Unlike conventional dietary shifts, keto gets easier and easier the more time you spend in ketosis.

It’ll only be hard for a couple days, I reckon.

(Dustin Cade) #29

Life is a constant learning experience…

(Erin Macfarland ) #30

Great response!

(Cathrine Helle) #31

I’ve been low carb and periodically keto for seven years. In my experience keto is the far more effective way of eating in regards to staying at a reasonable weight and regulating appetite. I know others thrive on a paleo lifestyle, but I’m not one of those. I enjoy the food, but gain weight on standard low carb, slow carb or paleo. I’m not overly obsessed with weight, but find that it spirals somewhat uncontrollably when I’m not in ketosis. The feeling of being at the mercy of cravings is not how I want to live.

As for keto flu or other physical symptoms I’m not experiencing any - I think once fat adapted my body knows what to do with it when I’m smart enough to feed it properly :wink:

(Rebekah Prudhomme ) #32

This has been my worry as well, especially since that was my experience on South Beach Diet years ago. The isea of rhat diet was you go super low carb for 2 weeks ans then you move up to a bit more carbs for the main part of the diet. I had to stay on the super low carb phase to continue losing, but it worked great until Thanksgiving and Christmas came along and I decided to take a break. After the holidays I restarted just a strict as ever and didn’t lose a pound in like 6 weeks so I gave up.
Now I have a cruise coming up. I’d really like to take that week off, but don’t want to destroy the only remaining diet that works for me.
The above posts are encouraging, but I still wonder and worry.