Can facial scrubs kill a fast/ketosis?

I have a facial scrub with a lot of ingredients, some being Sugar and Honey, just wanted to know if I should avoid using the scrub on my facial since I’m on a water fast.
The facial scrub is the minimo skin brightening facial scrub.
I started my water fast Monday and this is day four of the fast.

(Jessica) #2

Just don’t eat it

(Little Miss Scare-All) #3

I was under the impression, sugar causes breakouts. Always as a culprit for me.

(PSackmann) #4

It can as it unclogs, sugar makes a wonderful scrub and peel. I don’t know if enough of it is absorbed through the skin to affect a fast though.

Apparently if eaten, but the granules make for a good exfoliant.
People mostly include sugar in lip scrubs, this is my first facial scrub/mask that included sugar granules and honey along with other natural but sweet ingredients so I was sure if using this product whilst on a fast was the okay thing to do.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6

I’ve also heard (and have used) coarse Himalayan Salt as a scrub, as it is known to be antimicrobial and antibacterial.

Don’t taste your sugar scrub, and you’ll be good. Sugar isn’t absorbed through the skin, and I can’t say I’ve heard of sugar scrubs causing troubles the same way that elevated blood glucose does.

I wouldn’t worry about it, it’d REALLY have to sit on you for a while to breakdown and absorb to the point where it caused an issue.

But what about the honey that’s included in the scrub…would that be an issue?

(Lorena) #10

Honey is antibacterial and also has antioxidants. It’s great for facials and you don’t really need the sugar if you massage the honey on your face. You can also use between the sugar scrub.

But since honey is apart of the facial scrub/mask do you think it absorbing into my skin will end my ketosis?

(MooBoom) #12

Definitely not. Enjoy your facial.