Bulletproof Keto Cocoa! The gift of Crio Bru!

(fubeca) #1

So I don’t drink coffee but found an awesome product for making my own Bullettproof Keto Cocoa! I found this stuff called Crio Bru that is ground cocoa beans and you make it similar to coffee or tea. Zero carbs but packs a punch of cocoa. I add heavy whipping cream, a spoon of coconut oil, and found some chocolate stevia drops and mix all of that with the steeped crio bru. Yuuuuuuummmy!

http://amzn.to/2jL6nFL

(Keto Troll) #2

I love this stuff but it’s expensive. So I took cocoa nibs roasted them and ground them. Similar taste whole lot cheaper

(Tom) #3

I love this stuff, too! We found a bunch of it in the old packages in the clearance bin when I went home for Christmas, and bought. Every. One.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #4

I see this at a local organic store but had never tried it. Thanks for the recommendation!

(Roxanne) #5

I tried it in my french press and found it fairly tasteless. How you do you prepare yours?

(fubeca) #6

I just get one of those tea infusers fill it with the grounds let is sit in hot water for about 8-10 mins and then add the heavy cream, cinnamon, coconut oil and stevia sweetener.

(Angela F Murphy) #7

The Maya blend that has a little cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and vanilla oil added is fantastic. I like the brew plain, with cream added, or mixed in with coffee.

I read a tip elsewhere about the brewed grounds: save them and throw them in a smoothie so they don’t go to waste. I haven’t tried this, but they would probably make a nice keto blended drink with almond milk, cream, ice and a some cream cheese for thickness. Just be aware that the grounds are listed as having 1.5 carbs per serving.

(Angela F Murphy) #8

@roxanne – The hotter the water and the longer you steep it in the French press the stronger the flavor. You can also add a bit more than the usual 2 TB per cup. Also, if you tried a light roast and it was too mild for you, you could check out the darker roasts.

Just found a bag of this in my mailbox! (Thanks to my daughter)

Brewing now. :slight_smile:

(I do have cacao, cacao nibs, cacao beans here already. Is the same thing, just ground?)

(fubeca) #10

Yeah it’s just cocoa beans ground up so you just get one of those tea strainers so you can steep the shavings in the hot water and not get chucks of bean in the drink.

Thanks!