Bulletproof "get some" ice cream

(Michael Iafrato ) #22

Actually I was replying to @AnnaLeeMI. But anyone’s opinion is respected.

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #23

Derp… I see that now.

(AnnaLeeThal) #24

Sorry I didn’t see this before! The ingredients I avoid are the cane sugar, fiber, milk protein, and the gums. I know I wouldn’t use them in a homemade recipe, and I prefer a much richer ice cream. But I agree, in a pinch this seems like one the best commercial option for low carb ice cream. If it works for you that’s cool :sunglasses: my hubby really likes it for a treat too.

(Michael Iafrato ) #25

OK, sounds good. I thought there was something in there that would knock me out of Ketosis. And I agree HOMEMADE is best. When I have the time :grinning:

(Genevieve Biggs) #26

Just found this recipe from THE zero carb veteran, aka The Bear.

“I make a wonderful zero-carb ice cream with raw egg yolks, heavy cream, lactose-free milk protein and various flavours like vanilla and espresso. I use a very small amount of aspartame as a sweetener, since ice cream seems to need it. I have two sizes of White Mountain churn. Typical: 16 egg yolks, 2 litres heavy cream (35% mf), one cup water with two heaping tablespoons of a 3 to 1 mixture of calcium caseinate/ion exchange whey (or uselactose free ‘total milk protein’- if you can find it), 1/4 teaspoon aspartame (Nutrasweet), three cups double short-black espresso, 2 tablespoon of high quality vanilla extract. Use a 6 qt churn with coarse salt and broken lump ice. Don’t let the churn go too long, or it will turn to butter. You can skip the milk protein, but the texture will suffer.”

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #27

Having a little bowl of bulletproof, cinnamon flavor.

(Kathy L) #28

EASY TREAT!! When I need to have ice cream, I use a handful of frozen strawberries & cream & blend them up. Sometimes I also add a little strawberry extract.

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #29

I’ve done that too… Yummy. :+1: This is more keto geared, a good way to up your fat intake.

(Christian Ross) #30

Holy Cow is this stuff good! Just made a batch and I can’t believe how great it is!! Smooth, creamy and is pretty much just like the regular stuff! Will definitely be adding this to my low carb portfolio. I made the recipe just as it says with the following small changes: 1. Added extra vanilla extract because I like my vanilla ice cream to reach out and punch me in the face. 2. I used my Cuisine Art ice cream maker and it came out fantastic.

:ice_cream:

(Candy Lind) #31

I’m so glad you said this! I had no idea I could get an ice cream attachment for mine. Kitchenaid is DA BOMB. AND … Target has the ice cream attachment on sale this week. Couldn’t have timed it more perfectly! HAPPY DANCE! :laughing:

(Vicki Apokis) #32

I use two recipes for ice cream off the Kitchenaid Australian website.

The plain vanilla ice cream:

https://kitchenaid.com.au/blog/homestyle-vanilla-ice-cream-0

And the coconut ice cream:

https://kitchenaid.com.au/blog/hairy-coconut-ice-cream-0

Be warned that the instructions for the recipes are explicitly made to use the Kitchenaid ice cream maker bowl. You can probably adapt these recipes for other types of ice makers.

With the vanilla ice cream, I sometimes add cacoa in the last five minutes of the church and this turns it into a chocolate flavoured ice cream. This allows me to have the occasional milk shake or iced coffee. Yum.

A very important variation in both recipes - I use 1/3 cup of xylitol (Perfect Sweet is the brand I use). The 3/4 cup recommended in both recipes is way too sweet.

Honestly, once you swap out the sugar for your favourite sugar substitute, these recipes are pretty keto friendly.

PS I have no financial interest, but I purchase my xylitol from sweetlife.com.au in bulk.

I’ve got a top of the end ice cream machine and it comes out sooo smooth in that. I love Get Some Icecream.