Bulletproof Coffee Helpp

(Robert C) #21

I think BPC is fine in the beginning - especially then when your body might not yet be the perfect ketone producing, low insuline resistance, perfect fat burning etc. machine it could be.

In the beginning you are getting something that will help you through 3 or 4 days of (what I guess you’d call a fat fast) with BPC each morning. That is going to help you build your fasting muscle better than quitting at the 24 hour mark because you feel too restricted or blah.

Later, after you have built the fasting muscle (the psychological part) and you want to try a longer fast - that is where it might be worth skipping BPC. When your body is a true fat burning machine, that BPC is simply getting used instead of pulling fat from your body (which is usually not desirable).

(JC) #22

With BPC that contains MCT and grass fed butter, which is all fat and no protein thus no change in insulin so it doesnt interrupt IF.

(Ashley) #23

Isn’t there a calorie intake that does cause insulin? I think over 200 calories?

(K A C) #24

You say “pulling fat from your body (which is usually not desirable)”, but isn’t that part of the goal of keto, to pull out the extra fat when we’re overweight?

(Robert C) #25

There is the full sentence - BPC will be burned instead of body fat - you’d rather have body fat burned (once you are fat adapted and can burn body fat easily).

(K A C) #26

Thank you, Robert, for your reply. Sorry, I’m still having a problem making sense out of that statement. I just need more understanding of the whole keto concept, I’m thinking.

(Robert C) #27

The point is that if you wake up in the morning and have a 350 calorie BPC - your body will use that energy until lunchtime (leaving your body fat nearly untouched).

If you skip the BPC then (if you are keto and can easily burn body fat) your body will burn its own fat until lunch.

In both cases insulin will stay low but, the BPC takes the place of an opportunity to use up some body fat instead.

(K A C) #28

Light Bulb Moment!!! I finally got it! Thank You!!!

:smiley:

(K A C) #29

Thank you so much, that explanation is going to be so helpful with everything now. :laughing:

Yay!!!