Bullet Proof Coffee

(Star Asphodel) #61

There is a tastier bulletproof coffee recipe on ruled.me along with a lot of other great keto recipes. It has peanut butter, dark chocolate, and coconut oil. Very yum.

Enjoy:

(Rachel Rees) #62

I am open to try anything but this is something that really doesnā€™t punch my ticket. The mere thought of butter in my coffee, nope lol. Strong and black hold the butter!

I was a total black coffee, no sugar, no anything for years. Love my BPC now. I actually made my first cup black this morning, took a sipā€¦ then dumped it into my mix cup with some Kerrygold, coconut oil, cacao and a little cardamomā€¦ forgot my sea salt, though. Oh well, Iā€™ll hit the sea salt on cup 2.

To each his/her own. Itā€™s not a requirement but if youā€™re having trouble getting enough fat or just like the energy boost itā€™s a a good way. When I first started this I had a hard time eating so much fat so BPC helped. Now, itā€™s not such an issue. :smile:

(Richard Hanson) #64

Hi Rachel,

I have consumed nothing but black coffee for decades, but how do you increase fat intake without also adding unwanted protein?

I decided that I would try making a keto coffee, two tbs butter, one tbs coconut oil, emulsified in my Vitamix. I thought I was going to hate it but I found it to be excellent. The Vitamix does a great job incorporating the fats into the coffee, but as I like my coffee hot, I just pour it up and microwave it for a bit.

But hay ā€¦ I am not a fan of bone broth or apple cider vinager. :wink: I did try both. Keto is not a punishment! Consume what you love the most.

Keto for life!

Warm Regards,
Richard

(Rachel Rees) #65

Now the bone broth appeals to me. I think again a lot of it is what I have been programmed to like and maybe a change is as good as a rest. Maybe I will try it, just so I can find out if I do like it. Iā€™m going to go experimental lol

(Rachel Rees) #66

I have cacao nibs can I do anything with that? Iv decided to experiment with the coffee the curiosity is proving too much :smile:

(Richard Hanson) #67

We are replacing a lifetime of eating behaviors and experimenting to find out what you like, what you love, that is a great idea.

R

(Bacon for the Win) #68

I thought the same thing. I like my coffee, black, strong, and hot. BPC has grown on me and the days I donā€™t have it seem strange. I really like how it lights up my brain.

Not sure but Iā€™m thinking if you frothed the coffee the cacao nibs sprinkled on top might be pretty good. If you try it let me know.

(Bunny) #70

I agree but this makes it delicious:

Put in blender and blend it to death with Organic Stevia, MCT Oil, Ghee and a little bit of Organic Half & Half and Sprinkle a little Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (84 trace minerals supposedly) on the frothy top!

I hate coffee to begin with!

(Rachel Rees) #71

I have just tried my black coffee with a teaspoon of Raw Coconut and its actually niceā€¦ il be trying the butter tomorrow

(Mike W.) #72

Coconut oil, for me, was a flavor game changer.

(Richard Hanson) #73

The key for me was the high speed blending so that the butter is fully integrated, emulsified, instead of separated. I am glad you liked the coconut. In any event ā€¦ you are finding your own way by trial and error. Mine involves mostly errors. :wink:

Warmest Regards,
Richard

I think I found where my experimentation ends, at least on one point. I ran out of coconut oil (oh the horror :scream_cat: )
Soooo, I decided to add just a little bit of bacon nectar to up the mix. I think Iā€™ll keep the bacon nectar for cooking, making another cup with just Kerrygold for fat now.

(Clare) #75

Just have double cream in it instead :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How did the coffee with butter experiment go?

(Rachel Rees) #77

I preferred the coconut but it didnā€™t repulse me like I thought it would lol

(Paul Dickey) #78

I use the ninja blender and mix up good. Kerrygold 2tbls, 30g mct oil, love it.

(Zack F) #79

Iā€™m having trouble dialing in a good BP coffee hot cocoa edition. I use a tsp of cocoa and it doesnā€™t seem to be enough tbsp and its bitter. Iā€™ve tried two tsp also. BP coffee is too expensive not to get right. Iā€™m open to sweeteners but have been dialing back on Stevia due to it possibly triggering an insulin response though once and a while Iā€™d still wouldnā€™t mind.

PS Merry Christmas

I like to use 1/2 to 1 tsp of Hersheyā€™s Special Dark. I also like a bit of sea salt, a tiny bit of cinnamon, and a touch of cayenne. Then I top the froth with a bit of nutmeg, cinnamon, maybe a quick sprinkle of Redmonds salt, and if Iā€™m feeling like it Iā€™ll float some cacao nibs on top.

This is actually pretty funny because I was a straight black coffee guy for YEARS.