"Buffalo" sauce?

(karen) #1

Anyone have a keto friendly buffalo wing sauce they love, either a homemade sauce or a really high quality commercial one? I like hot spicy cayenne flavor, but I just checked the ingredients in Moore’s and I’m not too impressed - liquid margarine and hydrogenated soybean oil are definitely not on my list of daily requirements. :nauseated_face:

(Short224) #2

I personally love the flavor of Franks Red Hot Wings Sauce .

Frank’s and butter…mmm good

(Randy) #4

This is the answer. :heart_eyes:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5

Franks is it. Add a little Texas Pete or some habanero sauce if you want it hotter. And always add butter. I add some garlic powder.

This is the one I’ve been using and I love it, love the added garlic!

http://www.wickedstuffed.com/keto-recipes/keto-buffalo-wings/

(Mike W.) #7

I use Sweet Baby Rays hot sauce, butter, garlic and salt. Got a bit more bite than Franks. Buy it by the gallon at GFS.

(Raj Seth) #8

1:1 ratio. heated, and stirred together. Add cayenne for more heat, or add more butter for less…

(Stephanie ) #9

I love Frank’s and cream cheese together yummmy!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #10

We just a couple of drops of https://www.amazon.com/Pain-100-Hot-Sauce-Ounce/dp/B00UN02IEI/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1533253761&sr=8-1&keywords=100+pain+sauce

(karen) #11

Thank you everyone! I guess I was really looking for a recipe that started from scratch - as opposed to starting with hot sauce and adding butter - because I really wanted to avoid questionable oils, which in my universe includes canola oil, sorry Frank’s. Canola definitely better than “liquified margarine” (wtf is That, exactly? I mean seriously, “margarine” is not an ingredient, it’s a product, apparently with even more horrible unidentified things added to make it liquid.) I did find Keto Dave’s hot sauces on amazon, the price is certainly hot enough at $15 a bottle, so I think I may experiment with making my own - chilis, garlic, vinegar and salt, apparently. I have a garden full of serano peppers to try, about the only thing that agrees to grow here.

Again, thank you all for the suggestions, and if my experiment fails, then Frank’s it is!

(Mike W.) #12

Mix this with butter then. About $7 at your local GFS. A bit hotter than Franks too.

(Mike W.) #13

Also where are you seeing Franks Hot Sauce with those ingredients? Are you maybe looking at the premixed wing sauce?

(Mike W.) #14

I just realized I had already posted in here a while ago :joy:

(April) #15

Super simple one that I use is 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup Louisiana red hot, one tablespoon of white vinegar. Toss in a stainless steel bowl with wings just out of the fryer. Glorious…