Browsing recipes while fasting

(Jerrett Scott) #1

Does anybody else like to browse new recipes while fasting. I find myself looking up new ideas to cook now, while I’m fasting. I don’t know if it’s because I’m fasting and need to be involved with food somehow or what, but I have new keto recipies and ideas to try out!

I’m often the opposite, can’t bear to look at recipes, or think about food, but on nonFD days I’ll pour over them!

(Annalee Haley) #3

I do! I have to make school lunches, etc. so I have no choice but to put my cravings and wants aside. I must say it gets easier with fat adaptation. When it gets the best of me I will add fat to my coffee, but that only happened one day last week, as opposed to most days before adaptation. I think I became fat adapted around 10 weeks in or so as that is when I really felt in control, but it gets even better as time goes by. I have been super strict and haven’t cheated once. On bad as I just ate larger amounts and kept strict keto. Didn’t mean to ramble.

(Dan Dan) #4

I barely cook and have no intention to cook anything remotely complicated but I love watching all the low carb cooking videos on youtube even while fasting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Karen) #5

I run into trouble fasting and looking at food and recipes.

K

(Trish) #6

I’m constantly looking up recipes while fasting. IDK what’s wrong with me LOL. I also cook for my family while fasting, one who is keto and 2 who are not. Sigh.

(Brian) #7

Is it any different than thinking about “making love” when you haven’t “made love” for a while?

Eating is a very pleasurable experience.

(Troy) #8

YUP
I watch the TV Food Network while IF all the time😄
And when NOT fasting :joy:

Just one day, I want to be an Iron Chef🤔
Dreaming

And then the chairman, introduces the secret ingredient — BUTTER —:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Competition over …I win
Haha