Brownies seriously good enough to fool carb eaters: 666 brownies

(VLC.MD) #21

“Woe to you, of the Ketogenicforums, … for the Devil sends the Sugar with wrath
Because he sees your ketones are high.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Carbs …
For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty . six”

(Randy) #22

Can you do Flight Of Icarus??? :sunglasses:

Omg I can’t even with these pics. I’m dying to try this.

(EMILY) #24

These brownies are absolute amaze balls!! I had to put them in the freezer to keep me from eating them at every meal. I portioned mine a bit smaller so I could load them up with peanut butter and whipped cream! Soooo flippin’ good!

This looked so amazing, but alas I tried and failed, hence I am officially done with more complicated Keto desserts, I’m literally pouring money down the drain with each attempt. Perhaps my expectations are too high or the disappointment is overwhelming. Sticking with Strawberries and Cream, Carl’s Chocolate Mouse and Panna Cotta for now.

(Trina) #26

I really like these, so does the rest of the family, I make this quite frequently. Thought I ruined it the first time coz it’s very fudgy in the centre and thought it wasn’t cooked enough, but that’s just how it is I think. I reduced the amount of sweetener to only 2 and a bit tablespoons now and it’s so good with some cream drizzled over the top. Yum yum. Never lasts very long haha.

(Allie) #27

I don’t do sweet things much these days, but feel the need to make these… my work friend (who isn’t keto) agrees as I shared the recipe with her :rofl:

(Ashley) #28

Had to re read the ingredients whoops.

My wife made some for me. The texture is a little spongier than I expected, but they taste pretty good.

Made these this morning - I have to say I think they actually turned out pretty bland and dare I say it a bit dull. However, possibly my fault - I only used the erythritol as I didn’t have any liquid sweetener and I also put them in a tray that was larger than specified, the end brownie was probably only about an inch thick. End result - a little dry, a little spongy and not sweet enough.
Worth trying again though I reckon.

(Ashley) #31

I think If you do these it’s best to add in the vanilla and the sweetner drops I did both and the erythritol and they were dang good, too good I kept over induldging

(Allie) #32

When k made these I took some into work for my non keto but open minded friend and she absolutely loved them :heart_eyes:

(Ofir Daniel) #33

How did you make that beautiful cream?

(MooBoom) #34

I didn’t! It’s triple thick pure Tasmanian cream straight out of the tub. Heaven!

(Carly Lyczba) #35

I’m very late to this post but just want to say thanks for sharing this. Finally I have made a keto brownie that tastes and looks like a proper brownie! My husband loved it.

(Jamie Marie ) #36

I made this recipe last week, but I didn’t have any erythritol or a chocolate bar on hand, so I left those out. Instead, I used more stevia and one tablespoon of xylitol (minimized so as to avoid disaster pants - we don’t usually actually eat it for this reason. I have it on hand to use in my tooth powder recipe). As expected, it was bitter because of the stevia without the erythritol. Still edible though, and worth a second try with the correct ingredients. I ordered some erythritol, and am waiting for it to come in.

In the meantime, my husband had an amazing idea. We love 100% chocolate bars, so he asked me to make this recipe again with no sweetener at all. I’ve got to say, it’s pretty amazing, especially when topped with clotted cream. I’m going to toss in some cacao nibs next time to add a little crunch. I’m sure I’ll try it again another time with the erythritol, but we don’t eat a lot of sweet stuff, so I think this recipe sans sweetener might the perfect recipe for us. :heart: I’ll make it sweet for my parents though. They’re not crazy about 100% chocolate, but they are low-carb. It’ll make it the next time they come over for dinner.