Broccoli

Lol. You should ask yourself the same question. Did humans skin animals with rocks and then knives because they were loosing their teeth? :wink:

(Joey) #22

Choose one over the other?!

FWIW, I put raw broccoli (along with a bunch of other veggies, eggs, meat, cheese) in my spinach salad nightly. Becomes my side salad to go with my butter-drenched steak, sizzling burger, sausageā€¦ ;-). :vulcan_salute:

p.s. - our yellow lab snarfs up the broccoli stems tossed in his dish. Goes crazy for it. Perhaps heā€™s into a canine paleo thing?

Heā€™s a yellow Labrador. Prime directive is to eat. They have a greedy gene inherited from their Chesapeake Bay Retriever ancestors to lay down body fat for buoyancy and insulation. Not the best test for paleo broccoli discernment. :laughing:

(Joey) #24

Fair enough. To your point, thereā€™s virtually nothing we toss in his dish that he doesnā€™t snarf down (sauerkraut, olives, steak gristle, cucumber, carrots, bacon grease, ā€¦) with the possible exception of his vet-prescribed overpriced kibble, which he will rarely touch unless we starve him. :dog: Rescue dogs never know which keto scraps will be their last.

Thanks for sharing your broccoli Lab tests.

I started ā€œBillieā€ our black Labrador puppy, 6mths old now, on a puppy paleo diet that is very keto in ingredients: fatty beef mince, sardines, suet, eggs, full fat yogurt, chicken frames and chicken necks. I got a 12kg bag of expensive brand-name puppy kibble as per recommendations and she would leave that in the bowl. These days I just use it as a garnish. And will stop it all together when the bag is done. She is a really healthy and energetic pup. Surprisingly, she is not a snarfeler. She is a slow eater despite growing larger each time she has a nap. Broccoli is yet to pass her lips.

Is SomeGuy Broccoli your vegan alter-ego?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #26

With our Lab, the problem is not what sheā€™ll chow down on, itā€™s whatā€™s going to come back up later. :scream:

Totally agreeā€¦if Cave Toddler started sticking any bitter greens they found in their mouth I doubt the human race would have lasted very long! And of course they are hard wired for sweet tastes- breast milk is sweet.

(Andrew Board) #28

In my opinion broccol is one of the bests vegetable! I put them in all my recipes of salads :smiley: