Breaking Fast with Supplement

Hello all- I’m about to start an IF program, focusing my eating between noon and 8:00. Here’s my question:
I’m not a coffee person, so I usually start my day with this drink (photo of label attached). Its only 10 calories, but I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t break my fast.
I’d appreciate your input on this one because I don’t want to start off on the wrong foot with this journey.
Thanks.

(Duncan Kerridge) #2

I don’t think 10 calories of anything would really trouble your IF. Better if you didn’t have it, but it’s not worth worrying about IMHO

(Chris) #3

You’ll probably still see fat loss, but yes it does break your fast.

Also, anything with proprietary blends that do not list out the exact amounts of each ingredient should be absolutely avoided. You basically bought flavored sawdust if not.

Thank you both for your thoughts!

Chris,
Can you clarify for me what part of it is breaking the fast? Is it the calories, carbs, specific ingredient, etc? I just want to try and understand a bit more so I will know what to look for on other items. Thanks in advance for the info!

Is anyone able to clarify why the drink would break the fast? Just trying to understand the process. Is it the 2 carbs?

(Jane) #7

You aren’t fasting long enough to get to autophagy so the main benefit would be no insulin response during the 16 hours.

I wouldn’t think 2 carbs and 10 calories would generate much of a response so up to you if you feel you really need this drink in the morning or if it can wait until noon when you eat.