Breakfast Souffle

(traci simpson) #1

So last night, I prepared this for my breakfast this week. 0.9 carbs.
I used 8 eggs, 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream, 1/2lb sausage, 1 cup of cheese. I added additional peppers and spinach then baked on 425 for 25 minutes.

breakfast%20souffle|375x500

(Carl Keller) #2

The link is not working Traci.

@David_Stilley posted his souffle yesterday. The recipe appears very similar. Take a look:

(traci simpson) #3

I’m very impressed!!! BTW, there is an easier way to separate eggs: Once you have a crack in your egg, use your fingers to open carefully shift the yolk from one shell to the other. Transfer the yolk back and forth as egg whites drain into a bowl. Repeat this step until all of the egg whites are in the bowl.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

I know that, just making an easier system for someone not so good at separating eggs to make sure no yolks break into the whites that were separated. I wanted people who aren’t good at separating eggs to be successful.

(Khara) #5

You can also take an empty store bought water bottle, crack all eggs into a bowl, and squeeze the bottle over a yolk, it’ll suck the yolk up into the bottle then you can deposit it into a separate bowl. Kinda fun. :nerd_face:
Ya, link on OP not working…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

@Diygurl19 I think it’s a photo that didn’t load properly. Usually you can fix stuff like this when it happens in the edit post mode. Adding a space sometimes helps things appear correctly. Use the little monitor icon at the top of the edit window to preview before the post :cowboy_hat_face:

(traci simpson) #7

It was there earlier…hmmm I’ll try it again.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

This looks delicious @Diygurl19 and I make this kind of dish regularly. I call it a frittata, it’s more like crustless quiche. I like to start them in a cast iron skillet and when it’s about half set I put cheese on top and finish in a 350F oven for about 10-12 minutes. I usually just use a bunch of cheese and no cream. Good hot or room temperature.

The Soufflé is more like an angel food cake made with eggs and cheese. Very light and fluffy, a bit of effort but worthwhile if you want to impress your dining companions. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Khara) #9

Both of these look good. We just got invited to an Easter dinner so I’m thinking of ideas to impress people with - or at least just stuff I want to eat! I think a crustless quiche or some type of egg bake and also this frittata will be good.
(Edit: soufflé not frittata!)

(traci simpson) #10

Frittata’s can feed a lot of people.