Breakfast ideas

(Allie) #21

Whatever you want, there’s no rule that you can only eat traditional breakfast food in the mornings.

Coddled.

(Michelle) #23

A few weeks in I gave up breakfast. However my kids haven’t. They like scrambled eggs with cheese, a small amount of fruit, maybe some sliced avocado and cold cuts. Just coffee with HWC for me.

(Frank) #24

I made egg loaf last weekend for breakfast with some sugar free syrup and it was a game changer for me. Just make sure you bake it in an actual loaf pan and then cool, slice, and fry in butter until it’s golden to dark golden color. Looks and tastes so much like French toast it’s crazy. The darker you fry it, the closer the texture resembles it as well. I have done very little keto baking on my journey (slippery slope for me) but this is a weekend keeper for me.

(Amy Ramadan) #25

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!!! Appreciate it!! Loving this WOE so far, and haven’t once even been tempted to cheat, so trying my best to stick with it! Loving all the support from this forum, everyone has been really great so far!!! Thanks again!!

Don’t ask me, I’m the lasiest of lazy keto. :grin:

Pre-cooked sausage and scrambled eggs, every weekday morning. I can’t be bothered with anything fancier.

Are you using enough butter?
I can’t imagine ANYONE getting sick of eggs, as long as they’re cooked with plenty of butter. :slight_smile:

(Amy Ramadan) #28

I just need a variety lol. Gonna just start to mix it up, adding veggies, cooking different ways and switch up what I eat alongside the eggs, bacon, sausage, cottage cheese etc. Found a great low carb bread yesterday so toast will be a great addition as well!!

(Mike Glasbrener) #29

Smoked salmon, anchovies, avocado in addition to all aloe mentioned ideas

(Allie) #30

All this week I’ve been making a smoothie with homemade almond milk, a whole zucchini (peeled), half an avocado, a generous amount of olive oil, maca powder, and either cacao powder with a dash of sweetener, or sugar free strawberry flavouring.

I zap it all together the night before and take it into work with me.

(Amy Ramadan) #31

That sounds good!! I have some great smoothie recipes that I forgot all about!! Thanks for reminding me!!

(Running from stupidity) #32

That’s a funny way to spell cream, for sure.

Well, I’m not surprised.
You Aussies are always screwing up the English language. :wink:

They are wonderful! But they’re really just cream cheese pancakes with a bunch of butter added. I made mine in silicon mini-cake molds:

Since I make my cream cheese pancakes in the microwave, I bet these could be made in the microwave as well.

(Amy Ramadan) #35

Looks good… What are they??

(Katie) #36

Oh wow that sounds yummy

(TJ Borden) #37

What do you mean “just”. A combination of cream cheese and butter sounds like dairy divine… huh. That could be a cool name for an ice cream shop

(TJ Borden) #40

The video is spot on.

When starting out it’s important to get plenty of fat because you’re working towards becoming fat adapted. Once you’re fat adapted, and your body is pulling energy from stored fat your appetite generally drops as your satiety signal (which for many has been off for decades) kicks in.

Learning to trust your satiety signal if important. If you eat fat PAST satiety, then you’re correct. You won’t pull as much fat from storage. Eating UNDER satiety is also bad, and I’d argue even worse, because if you’re still hungry it means your body needs more energy to supplement t what it’s pulling from storage and not doing so is basically caloric restriction. Keep that up long enough, and your metabolism will slow and losing weight will be even tougher.

As far as adding fat to fatty meat, I usually don’t either. If I’m having a fatty ribeye, it’s au natural. If I’m having chicken breast, then I’m drowning it in some kind of buttery cream sauce because there’s hardly any fat in the meat.

(TJ Borden) #43

I do all the time. I also do extended fasting. The glucose you’re referring to comes through gluconeogenesis. It’s a demand driven process where the liver converts protien to what little amount of glucose is needed for systems that can’t use ketones.

This process continues just fine during fasting because the other magic of fasting is autophagy, which is where the body goes in and cleans house of old and damaged protien.

(TJ Borden) #44

I basically do too. Even before going carnivore, I was eating so little carbs that I pretty much stopped counting. Most of mine were incidental and coming from eggs, dairy, and a few veggies. I was eating so few, I didn’t bother counting.