Bread which tastes like...{{GASP}}...BREAD?!?!?!

bread

(Joy Cho) #1

I’ve never liked the keto bread substitutes. It’s either too eggy, too nutty, too crumbly or not spongy enough. It’s always “not quite right”. I was surfing YouTube and found this lovely lady’s videos on her bread recipe. OMG! Low carb bread which tastes like real yeasty bread!!! I tried it in my new bread machine (bought one just to make this bread). Even though it came out lop-sided for my first ever try it was a hit with the family!!! It tastes, looks and feels like REAL BREAD. Is it too good to be true? What do you seasoned Ketonians say about this?

16 - 17 slices per loaf is about 2 net carbs per slice!!!

I am pretty sure @Fiorella made a great sounding bread using wheat gluten the other day. I like the sound of oat fibre but can’t get it here, even on Amazon. Wheat gluten is a big fat no no for me unfortunately because I have Hashimotos. I am bummed about this because it sounds like it works really well to get a great bread. I think @Fiorella made a pizza base with it?

Why she puts so much sweetener in though I do not know. No need for it at all IMO. I think it looks great though. Some women especially do not do well with flax but there are alternatives.

(Joy Cho) #3

Hi Daisy! I’ll need to check out Fiorella’s recipe. I was wondering how some folks would do with the main ingredient being vital wheat gluten with this bread recipe. My eldest child had a breakfast sandwich with this bread. His only complaint was that it tasted like wheat bread. (Forgive him. He’s a white bread lover…) I found my oat fiber on Amazon.

(Jen H) #4

Ordered supplies! Will report back after I try.

(Joy Cho) #5

Daisy, I’m lame. I can’t find Fiorella’s recipe here. What am I doing wrong? I’ve searched bread and Fiorella…Thank you in advance!!!

Thanks @Fiorella I was just about to search!

@jkungcho @Fiorella is our very own Nigella! You may not know who that is - fabulous UK chef. I am guessing that @Fiorella rocks it in the kitchen just the same.

(Joy Cho) #8

Very nice!!! Thank you, @Fiorella and @Daisy! I saw Nigella many years before. I enjoyed her cooking shows…Nice to know we have our own Keto Nigella in the house!!

(Jen H) #9

Just made this (the mixer version, don’t have a bread machine). It’s definitely the best Keto bread I’ve had. Does have a wheatier texture. My husband is the bread guy and did not have high expectations for this but was pleasantly surprised. Win!

(Laura) #10

Where is the recipe in writing for this ? Cant seem to find it. Hearing impaired so its hard to hear her :frowning:

(neenera) #11

I wondered too. see https://www.copymethat.com/r/h6LK4JJ/diedres-for-real-low-carb-bread/

(Joy Cho) #14

Hi, Laura!

I found the recipe in the body of the you tube video. I got the ingredients through Amazon. If you’re cooking this in the bread machine, wet ingredients go in first. Make sure the butter and water are room temperature. Then add your dry. Make a well with your finger in the middle to add the yeast. Enjoy!

Joy : )

Diedre’s “For Real” Low Carb Bread

89717SHARE

Diedre’s Kitchen

Published on Mar 3, 2016

SUBSCRIBED 1.8K

Open me for more info! (ingredients to follow)
This is it folks! My first official Diedre’s Kitchen video! Hope you all enjoyed it. I hope you all Like, subscribe and most importantly SHARE IT with your pals! From my kitchen to yours!
Blessings!
Diedre
Ingredients used: 1 C. Water
2 Eggs, slightly beaten (organic)
2/3 C. Ground Golden flax meal
1/2 C. Oat Fiber
1 1/4 C Vital Wheat Gluten
2 Tbsp. Soften butter (grass fed)
4 Tbsp. Swerve, Sukrin ( powdered)
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Xanthum gum
1 tsp. Honey (raw)
1 Tbsp. yeast
Layer ingredients per machines manufactures instructions
*************** I Used ZOJIRUSHI bread machine *******************
BAKE AND ENJOY!!!

(Paula schneider) #15

Holy moly this bread overflowed the pan by 2x! It really did taste like bread.