BPC explosion!

(Jack Brien) #1

Don’t often make it, but when I do it just sprays out everywhere from the blender, even if I just give it a little pulse. What’s going on!?!

(Allie) #2

What blender?

If it’s a sealed blender (magic bullet or regular blender) this used to happen to me as well, it’s because of the heat. I use an inexpensive Bella hand blender now. I put the coffee into a large metal cup, hit it with the blender then pour it off into a regular cup.

Here’s the one I use, there are probably cheaper versions around.

(Allie) #4

I use a Nutribullet for mine with no difficulties at all, but I only zap it for about 30 seconds as that’s all that’s needed.

I wasn’t as lucky as you. I had about a 50% success rate with a magic bullet. I would actually wrap it in towels just in case. For a long time I quit using a blender at all and just stirred it in and dealt with the oil slick.

(Allie) #6

The only issue I’ve had was once when the seal failed and there was coffee EVERYWHERE, but it leaked from the bottom rather than exploding. Thankfully all cleaned up OK and I still use it. I have an old traditional type blender (really old, got it about 20 years ago) which i used to use but that didn’t like hot liquids, so i used to take off the little cap in the middle of the lid to let the steam out and it was fine. Also, a hand held milk frother works well too and they don’t cost very much at all.

(Danial Ficek) #7

Yep…it’s the seal. Did it fall out in the dishwasher? Use mine everyday…no problems (unless the seal falls out in the dishwasher) :slight_smile:

(Allie) #8

Dishwasher? What’s that?? :joy:
These hands are made for dish-washing…

No, it was still in place but for some reason just didn’t work. I stripped it down and cleaned it, put it back together, all good. Who knows :thinking:

(Jack Brien) #9

This is it. Seems ok with other stuff, just the hot coffee, which explodes and by the time it’s been in a mug and the blender, isn’t even that hot

(Erin Macfarland ) #10

My Vitamix does this! I don’t drink bulletproof often but when i have made it the same thing happens!

(Jack Brien) #11

I think with the sealed blenders it happens because of the rapid expansion of steam when you turn it on, it’s probably the same with mine as it’s only the warm BPC that does it

Have you tried taking out the top plug when you blend to allow the heat to escape instead of building pressure?

(Allie) #13

Try leaving out the middle part of the lid as that’s what I had to do with my blender like that. It lets the heat escape without the contents exploding. Giving the coffee a couple of mins to cool slightly before blending may help too.

I too use the Nutribullet. I think issues arise when its over filled, but I have no problem at all

(Jack Brien) #15

No, but I will do next time. And put a cloth over the top!

(Meg Oliver) #16

I use a milk frother. I start with just a little coffee in my mug & then add more once the fats are immersed. It does separate if you take a long time to drink your coffee.

(KCKO, KCFO) #17

I love my small milk frother. So easy to clean up too.

I use a frother too. Quick and easy. Sometimes I need to refroth if I take too long to drink my coffee.