Boring chicken breasts! - help!

(Morgan Rose) #1

I have a packaged of chicken breasts. I just struggle cooking chicken in general…but im a weirdo on this WOE and actually dislike fatty chicken/steak. I kno i kno…so thats why i have chicken breasts and not thighs which i know alot prefer for flavor/juicy.

But any favorite recipes? Or seasonings? Or how do you cook your chicken breasts? I just need/want to switch it up…looking for your help :grin::grin::grin:

(Jennifer) #2

We usually grill a bunch at a time and put them in the freezer for individual servings. And my favorite plain chicken breast topping is pesto. I get the jar from Costco and add a couple nice sized spoonfuls. Yum, making my mouth water just thinking about it…

(Angie) #3

Add some Buffalo Sauce!

(Jacquie) #4

If you want something quick and dirty, try Lazy Keto. :slight_smile:

(Danielle) #5

Onions & Peppers. And Cheese… OMGeee the cheese.

(Morgan Rose) #6

@dewy333 Do u season the chicken? And what do you do just throw it all in a pan and bake?

(Morgan Rose) #7

Yea i do that alot. I love my franks

(Lisa F) #8

Stuff em! Make a pocket through the side and stuff with almost anything:

• defrosted frozen spinach and feta cheese - toss with a bit of mayonnaise to make it moist
  • bacon and fried mushrooms and onions
  • fry up peppers and onions, toss with cream cheese, shredded cheddar and a bit of cream cheese, plus taco seasoning,
    Anything else that speaks to you.

Stuff chicken breasts and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes at 350…

(Joy Cho) #9

Why not marinate them in some brinewater??? Add some fennel seeds or star anise, ginger and garlic to kick it up. Oh! Maybe spicy peppers? It’s great on the grill!! Juicy, moist, tender and oh soooooooo flavorful…Slap on a pat of butter or more and dig in!!! So bad!!! I’m making myself drool…

Here’s my favourite way of eating chicken breast

(Eve) #11

Chicken is so versatile. Today I threw three big breasts in my crock pot for a while, shredded them then portioned them out. Now I can use it through out the week.

Today for lunch I stirred in some cream cheese and Frank’s Buffalo sauce.

For dinner I added some taco seasoning, along with some cilantro and jalapeno then topped with cheddar. Ate it on some romaine.

I was thinking about making a quick curry with some spices and some coconut milk.

I have this cheesy bacon mix I like to mix with cauliflower to make like mac n cheese, I’m gonna add some chicken tomorrow for lunch.

(Nick) #12

Don’t torture yourself! Have chicken thighs instead. Or, better still, grill some chicken skin and pour on some salt and vinegar! (Our butcher gives us bags of the stuff for free!)

I would chop them up, add some coconut milk and curry spices in a pan. …A lot of coconut milk. :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #14

Spread with a mayo/Parmesan mix, sprinkle on crushed pork rinds, bake at 350. Devour.