Books, YouTube channels and podcasts that have changed your life

(Michael ) #1

Just thought we could all share some of the sources of our information to give newcomers a starting point. For me:

Books:
1)paleo cure by chris kresser
2) obesity code and guide to intermittent fasting by dr. Jason fung
3) grain brain
4) the new body type, dr. Berg

Podcasts:

1. 2 keto dudes
  2. high intensity health
  3. keto savage
  4. fat burning man

YouTube

1. thomas delauer
  2. dr. Berg
  3. high intensity health
  4. keto connect

Also love joe Rogan and he frequently has good people on for diet and alternative medicine

Everything on: Dietdoctor.com

(Michael ) #3

I’ll have to check that out

(Sue) #4

Podcasts: Keto Talk, 2 Keto Dudes, The Obesity Code podcast.
Those are my favorite thus far, but I am a newbie!
Sue

(Michael ) #5

If you’re in the forum and listening to the dudes, you’re probably on the right track

(Allan L) #6

Dr Jason Fung,

His blog

https://idmprogram.com/blog/

His book, Complete Guide To Fasting

Anything by him on youtube

Dr. Atkins’ original Diet Revolution book, Wheat Belly, The Low Glycemic Load Diet. Now reading Dr. Fung’s book on fasting.

(Keto in Katy) #8

Why We Get Fat, by Gary Taubes

Good Calories Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes

Big Fat Surprise, by Nina Teicholz

Wheat Belly, by Dr William Davis

DietDoctor website

YouTube presentations:
Dr Eric Westman
Dr Jason Fung
Dr Robert Lustig
Dr David Ludwig
Dr Andreas Eenfeldt (Diet Doctor)

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Plus Dr. Robert Lustig’s lecture, “Sugar: The Bitter Truth,” available on the UC system YouTube channel, and almost everything on the Low Carb Down Under YouTube channel.

(Michael ) #10

Cool, will check out lustig and the down under channel tonight

(Michael ) #11

Thanks for the dr. Lustig recommendation. I’m officially in the YouTube rabbit hole

(Crow T. Robot) #12

Ted Naiman

Lot’s of stuff on his site, but at least check out the video. That and Fung’s Aetiology of Obesity YouTube series got me here.

(Becky) #13

Butter Bob inspired me when Keto felt like a completely foreign concept. I just listened to his butter makes your pants fall off video again and was amazed at how much science he has explained in that one video.

(Michael ) #14

I forgot about butter bob.

(Heather Miller) #15

All of the above (I have been overdosing on podcasts!) Plus the book Undoctored.

(Janet) #16

The book that changed my life was Good Calories, Bad Calories. It was pre-Why We Get Fat, which is now the Taubes book I recommend to understand carb restriction and health. Through GCBC, I found Dr Westman and became a patient at his clinic. His diet is in WWGF, so bonus for a shorter explanation with a simple diet plan. Also Mark Sisson’s Primal Blueprint was published before WWGF, that also changed my life by then avoiding processed foods and seed oils.
For anyone who likes the 18 minute TedTalk format, I would add Dr Sarah Hallberg’s Reversing Diabetes, which also covers obesity and LC in general.
I agree with all of Stacy’s list too.
My current #1 resource…DietDoctor. Everything in one beautiful website. I carry a business card with that website, the WWGF book title, and my email if anyone wants to learn more about LCHF.

(Michael ) #17

I was planning to check out dietdoctor, but realized I’ve already been using it for recipes

(Keto in Katy) #18

This is a good video from Dr Andreas Eenfeldt, creator of DietDoctor.com.

A Global Food Revolution

(Michael ) #19

Thanks for that. Good stuff

(Michael ) #20

Pulled my pizza recipe from dietdoctor today. Toppings were my own personal form of insanity. Learning a lot of great resources from this forum