Bologna and mayo craving

(Lauren Malhoit) #1

I just had the most random craving for bologna and mayo. I know this is keto and I can have it, but I haven’t had this in probably 20 years. Wondering what it could signify?

Just had dinner, ground beef, avocados, cheese, veggies made in bacon grease. So I can’t imagine I’m missing fat. Thoughts?

Not worried, just thought it was interesting.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

Perhaps it’s psychological. Maybe something triggered a memory for you, even subconsciously, that brought back memories and thus cravings for something you had a long time ago.???

(Troy) #3

Awe…memories!
W enriched white wonder bread
And processed kraft cheese

Had many of those

(TJ Borden) #4

Seems normal. It would seem weird to me to NOT crave bologna and mayo

(Linda) #5

If you decide to indulge, don’t try Oscar Mayer. A keto packed lunch when I was still working used to be 2 pieces of cheese over 3 or 4 slices of Oscar’s bologna. Now they drown the bologna in extra water. You have to literally wring it out and dry it off with a paper towel. It doesn’t taste the same anymore, either.

Anything to to weasel out a few extra pennies from the hapless consumer.

(Karen) #6

Could be a salt craving too.

K

(Eli) #7

I get weird cravings for the weirdest non-keto and keto foods all the time. Probably just has to do with good memories of previous foods or wanting a change in taste.

(Casey Crisler) #8

Fried baloney. Mustard, hold the mayo. Or put it on the side, I’ll eat it separately.

(Sophie) #9

Bologna is only worth eating if it’s fried! And don’t hold back on that mayo either. :+1:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #10

I’ve been wondering about that. I love bologna, and it just seems weird and tasteless now. Wonder how long they have been watering it down?

(Linda) #11

Don’t know, but I went to the Oscar Mayer facebook (before I ditched facebook) and complained and they acted like it was a fluke bad package and wanted to know the lot number. I just responded HAHAHA every package is like that.

I wish you could still buy the big chubs that you sliced yourself. (I’m dating myself now, with that.)

The Bar S brand still tastes okay, although it’s a bit soggy, too.

(Sophie) #12

I like to freak 'em out at the deli counter occasionally and tell them that I want 4-5 slices of bologna at least 1/2" thick, only because I want to fry it! I’m used to getting looked at like I’m a leaper and I hardly care anymore. :smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #13

There is nothing better on the planet than fried bologna!!