Blurring on profanity

I had a question on the posts that have profanity blurred. Is that something automatic that the site does by itself? If not then is that required, and if so how do you make the blurring happen?

Click on the little gear symbol in the text box of your post as you are writing, top right, and a menu pops up. Choose the blur spoiler.

Stupid scale! Need advice, stupid rant
Stoner keto has a question
February Zorn Fast 2018
December 2018 ZORNFAST
(Luke Jeffery) #3

Language used to get a bit much for some on the old FB group so the admins suggested using the blurring to avoid offending anyone, now that the forum is public

(Richard Morris) #4

I think it makes the swearing even more impactful … and funnier.

But I’m weird like that

Ummmmm…if you feel the need to blur your own expletives, why not just refrain from using them?

(bambiying2) #6

Fuck, Scatter. We aren’t blurring them for ourselves. We are blurring them for the special snowflakes. For fuck’s sake! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL! Yes, I understand that…but if you are so concerned about offending them, then just don’t DO IT instead of WRITING a word you are then going to virtually DELETE!

It’s a compromise. One of the ideals of the group is not censoring personal expression. Freedom!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #9

I’ve noticed you lose the blur if you quote a blurred section

(carl) #10

@Scatter, I view profanity as punctuation. Sometimes it is absolutely appropriate (for grown-ups). I agree with @richard. Blurring words is funny. My 2c

(Kelly LeBlanc) #11

They are not deleted. If you click on them they unblur.

I play a game where I try to guess the blurred word before unblurring it. Some people are very creative and those are a lot of fun.

(Kelly LeBlanc) #12

Because I am weird too.

(Richard Morris) #13

Yeah but that’s the problem of the person quoting :smiling_imp:

(Ron) #14

It makes perfect sense to me,

I don’t trust a software engineer who doesn’t cuss :laughing:

(Kathy L) #15

Gotta try it!

Oh, dont misunderstand me. I GET that it is popular…I just dont get WHY! Have at it, you blurry bastards!!

(David) #17

Shouldn’t that be … ?

(Ross Daniel) #18

I think it does add a certain feeling to the post. But I’m guilty of speech mitigation enough in real life as it is, so I’m not sure if I will use the blur function much or not.

A little restraint, if you please!! :wink:

(Karen Parrott) #20

Oh!!! LOL. Hmmmmmm…