Stupid scale! Need advice, stupid rant

newbies
bodycomposition

(icky) #21

And post about your NSV’s too! Your “non scale victories” which means all progress and benefits you are experiencing that are not about the numbers on the scale…

(icky) #22

Thanks for pointing that out, Annie!

In my mind “bloating = too much salt” too, so I’ve been very confused about bloating on keto being reduced by more salt… :thinking:

@Crabrangoons the salt thing is definitely worth checking out. Not everyone is the same, but many/ most find that a Keto diet is diuretic and flushes out more salt/ potassium/ magnesium/ electrolytes than usual.

It can be a bit tricky adjusting your electrolyte and salt intake at first but getting the hang of it can vastly improve your keto experience. Lots of resources on the forum about this…

(Ellie) #23

I totally echo what @sugar-addict says about non-scale victories. You have achieved so much in terms of weight loss that your body probably has some catching up to do, and your mental image certainly does.
As someone who has been much lighter than I am now (and much heavier!) I think that one of the biggest goals should be to stabilise and let your mental image catch up. Keep doing the work in the gym for the 6 pack and the lifting if that is what is important to you, but also be kind to yourself and work on establishing good patterns and good thoughts.

Someone said to me once that we say nasty things to ourselves that we would never say to other people. I think that is very true. If a friend came to you with the same problem you would support them and remind them how far they’ve come, but with yourself you just berate and say that it isn’t good enough. Be nice to you!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #24

Dude. Use the blur spoiler if you want to swear. I blurred your f word for you

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

And furthermore, if you’ve only been doing keto four weeks you are not fully fat adapted. You may be registering ketones somewhere, but our body isn’t done fully adjusting for at least 6 weeks. And one more thing, if you’re hungry you need to eat more fat. I know everybody’s going to come out of the woodwork attacking me for encouraging you to eat more fat, but it really is that simple. If you’re not eating enough and you’re still hungry you are calorie restricting and your metabolism will slow down. Until you stop fearing fat and start to eat it to satiety your problems aren’t going to go away.
Bloating could be caused by many things. It’s too early to tell. You might try adding probiotics to your diet, or eating less fibrous foods. Plants aren’t even necessary for the ketogenic diet.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #26

(LeeAnn Brooks) #27

I did not know this. Thank you.

Not that I swear a lot, but I’m sure it will come in handy sooner or later.

(icky) #28

:joy: Annie, you crack me up!

deleted to protect somebody aparently

(icky) #30

Any specific reason you’re being rude and dismissive about this?

Are you having a bad day?

(icky) #32

“Screw eating disorders” to someone who has been honest to say they are struggling with eating disorders is very dismissive.

Calling someone stupid is rude.

Saying “who cares” is also dismissive.

Being honest requires no rudeness.

WOW! Just WOW!

(icky) #34

I still think you’re being inappropriate.

And no, I’m not a millenial.

But I assume you mean that as an insult too.

…k

(icky) #36

I think you’re being aggressive and rude and I’ve flagged your posts so I’m leaving it at that.

blank blank blank

(TJ Borden) #38

I would assume. I can’t think of a positive use of the term :joy:

(icky) #40

No, apparently it was an “honest question”

Just like all his other insulting comments were “honest comments”

(TJ Borden) #41

Funny how the need to pay rent does that