Blood Pressure Motivation!

extendedfast

(Andy Hanson) #1

I’m 40 hours into a 40 day fast to lose weight, autophagy, and to get off my cholesterol and blood pressure meds. I’m at the point where I am craving motivation. Please tell me how extended fasting has lowered your blood pressure!

(Carpe salata!) #2

Are you getting lower readings?

If you get results, I might be persuaded to try it.

(Mike Cooley) #3

My BP is down over 20 points since I started Keto 3 months ago. I’m still taking my BP meds, but hope to taper off them at some point. I measure my BP in the mornings using an Omron BP monitor. I haven’t tried fasting yet to see what effect that has.

(Andy Hanson) #4

Will post my readings when I get home!

(Andy Hanson) #5

Yesterday, the average of three readings was 145/82. Today the average of three readings was 139/87. We’ll see what tomorrow brings!

(Andy Hanson) #6

Day 4 of fast: Slight increase today. 140/90.

(Andy Hanson) #7

Day 5 of fasting: 141/89.

Top number increased by one, bottom decreased by one. Have to admit I’m feeling a bit discouraged, but this is only day five out of 40. There’s no question that I need to do something about my blood pressure, as these high readings are taken while I’m medicated. I also wonder if the readings are high due to taking them about 1/2 hour after taking the dog for his nightly 2+ mile walk. I’ll start taking readings in the morning before going to work as well to see if there is any difference.

I’ve decided to add mindfulness meditation for 15 minute 2X/day. This should help lower blood pressure and cortisol levels as well.

(Josh S) #8

I’m a little over 24h into my first fast, planning to break at noon tomorrow, but might continue if I feel good. Anyway, I’m hopeful that building up to longer fasts will help my BP.

I’m curious to hear an update from you; are you still going? Any change?

(Andy Hanson) #9

I’m fasting intermittently and drinking hibiscus tea. Going to the doctor on Tuesday. Will update then!

(Josh S) #10

Any luck?

Sorry I never responded, was busy when I saw and forgot to come back.