Blood Group Correlation

(Marius) #1

I’m not sure if this is the proper place to pose this unanswered question. What is the coloration between various blood groups and people that can’t loose weight on the Keto (LCHF/Banting/Paleo) diet. Specifically the A blood group. Every time someone tells me that they can’t loose weight on the Keto (LCHF/Banting/Paleo) diet, or picked up weight I ask them what their blood group is. The answer is always type A.

(Kay) #2

I’m blood group A and down over 25lb on keto :+1:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

I moved this topic into the Science forum, and fixed the title. “Blood group coloration” was evocative, but not helpful (though I generally love those serendipitous autocorrections).

As for your question, I haven’t seen any studies on the topic, but I will try to rummage around on PubMed and Google Scholar to see what turns up.

(Karen) #4

I can’t lose weight very well! I am in blood Group B.

(Marius) #5

Thanks…missed that. :flushed:

(Ken) #6

D’adamo got the Evolution wrong. His theories are invalid. Not to say blood type and other factors do not have relavence.

(Chris) #7

Species appropriate > blood type

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #8

Could we modify this to add a poll?
That might give a better view of responses.

(Charlotte) #9

I’m O+, I average -10lbs a month with an exception for my current stall. I don’t subscribe to the whole “eat for your blood type” theory.

(Marius) #10

I’m not saying eat according to your blood group type. What I saying is: Does a heavy animal fat and medium animal protein diet affect a A blood type differently on a LCHF diet due to supposedly being prone to a veterinarian diet?

All people I have encountered that could not loose weight on a LCHF diet are A blood group type. Is this by chance that they all eat wrong, or is this a blood group thing?

(Kay) #11

I’d say it was chance tbh

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

I can’t think of a mechanism by which this would happen. Since the carnivore diet is what we evolved to eat, it seems highly unlikely, in fact.

(Doug) #13

There really is no proven association between blood type and the healthiness of certain diets.

One thing that does apply is that type A tends to secrete less stomach acid, with B and AB being in the middle, and O having the most. For gastric and duodenal ulcers, Type O has a higher rate, roughly 1/4 to 1/3 higher than for the other blood types.

(Laura) #14

I am type A and this is the only eating plan that works for me. I lose weight when I get below 25 total carbs a day and easily maintain at around 35.

I never believed that blood type has anything to do with anything dietary. It may be some genes have an influence and blood types might be related in some way to that. I don’t know if there are any studies or not.

(Khara) #15

Could it just be that type A is one of the most common blood types?

(Running from stupidity) #16

It’s by far the most obvious answer, indeed.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #17

Well, let’s do a poll! I’m O+ and my body is happier on Low Carb High Protien. Yes, I said it. High Protein and moderate fat.

(Running from stupidity) #18

Better idea, let’s forget the whole thing :slight_smile:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #19

For science. You love science. :star_struck:

(Running from stupidity) #20

ACTUAL science :slight_smile: