Blood Glucose reading after 25 hour intermittent fast

(CyndiL) #1

I have been Keto 6 full months. I’ve dropped 18 pounds with about 25 to go. I tested my A1C last month (with meter I bought on Amazon) and it was 4.7… much improved from 5.2 6 months ago. However, I continue to get ‘high normal’ BG readings on my Precision Xtra monitor. I very rarely get a reading in the 80’s, let alone high 70’s. I just competed a 25 hour IF, and I tested before I ate anything just to see where I am. This morning I did a high intensity/low impact pilates class at 19 hours fasted. Now, 6 hours later and 25 hours since eating very low carb in a 4 hour window, my BG is 93? Ketones 1.8. I did take some BCAA’s prior to my workout this morning, but that was 7 hours ago, and there is no sugar in the kind I take. I just wonder why I continue to get BG readings in the 90’s, when I’ve been Keto for 6 months, am fat adapted, and I fast 18-23 hours a day. Next week I am going to attempt three 36 hour fasts to break a weight loss stall, and hopefully that will bring some lower BG readings, but I am just curious if this is my monitor, or is it just ‘me’? I’ve never had T2D, but have flirted with it in pre-diabetes 5 years ago, highest A1C was 6.2 or whatever that borderline level is… I just thought after 6 months I would see the BG go down, and my A1C certainly reflects that… I’m not catching it on the Precision Xtra. Appreciate any insights and I wasn’t sure where to post this!

(MLD) #2

BG between 70 and 99 is normal. It is in no way prediabetic.

I’m not an expert.

Your bs’s have definitely gone down- as you say- evident in your A1c.

Not sure- but I think an A1c of 4.7 is pretty good!

A1c of 4.7 correlates with average blood glucose of 88gm/dl according to ADA Pro converter.

Maybe your night time bs’s have improved a lot.

Maybe your body is defending a normal bs during the daytime.

Exercise does increase blood glucose levels in response to the demand for fuel. But notice that you results are in the normal range. A celebration for a body doing all the right things.