Binging

(vera) #1

I thought I was officially done with binging but I just ate over 15,000 calories
1 bag of walnuts from Costco
Half a bag of almonds from Costco
One jar of peanut butter
One bag of rasins from Costco
Two pints of three twins ice cream and one pint of enlightened ice cream
Half a block of cheddar cheese from Costco
Four pieces of bacon
One box of blueberries
Smoked salmon from Costco
I still have all the ice cream and nuts because everyone in the family often eats it and it’s so hard to stay out of it
I do this almost every other day now ( I used to do it everyday but less calories)
How can I put my mentality of food back into place

Ate too many carbs
(Jay AM) #2

How did you do it the first time? Have you spoken to a therapist? How are you specifically trying to do keto? Really, if you’re going to binge, make it on straight fat. Fat bombs for example. Hell, binge on salted sticks of butter if you want.

Should have had more bacon, cheese, and salmon.

If cravings are going to be a problem for you, stop starting in on the items that have carbs. They’ll just feed your addiction, instead of weaning you off of it.

If someone in your family reaches for nuts, you reach for bacon. How come you only had four pieces of bacon? You’d have been better off with the several pounds of bacon instead of all of those nuts and fruits and ice cream.

How often are your family members eating? Why is there so much for you to eat if they are eating similarly?

(Jay AM) #4

Considering the food list, I highly doubt similar eating styles with the family.

@vvverawwu Never Binge Again can be amazing. I think there’s another thread on here about it. I’m not even a binger, but I was finding that I regularly ate things (well, chocolate) that I didn’t mean to have and that didn’t make me feel so good. I read the book and literally stopped eating chocolate from one day to the next. I think it’s been about five weeks now, and I don’t even think about it. I’ve always loved eating and don’t like deprivation, and now I’ve magically become someone who relishes her food but doesn’t happen to eat chocolate. [I could have set it up differently: chocolate only on weekends, only a certain amount of chocolate, etc but for me personally it was easier to drop it altogether.]

It’s a book and there are a number of podcast episodes that detail the process. It’s just about differentiating you - Vera, you the person - from the urge to binge, and it works astonishingly well for a lot of people.

Good luck to you!

(Also, I agree with above on the food side of things - best to stick with straight fats if you binge - but if you could resolve the binging, even better…)

I know what you might be thinking that it is a blasphemy after seeing my comment, but I still need to say: To me, this is not really a good idea

I am one who struggles to make my own bacon tasty… <_< As in, no matter how I make it(fry or bake), it just doesn’t give me the feeling that it is wonderful. Alright, it doesn’t taste bad most of the times, but wonderful like all of you claimed it to be? If that is true, then it must mean that I am still doing it wrong.

Note: Especially when the bacon went cold: It just becomes basically salty meat. It is still not bad, but it is confirmed to be far away from being wonderful.

(vera) #7

My brother just came back from school and left again for a vacation. My mom doesn’t really eat much but she’s always getting ice cream and cookies (but she’s super skinny)
They usually don’t eat the nuts even though my mom keeps buying it. I keep telling her not to because that’s my trigger food but once it’s there it’s hard to avoid.

Good idea, no. Not long term. But not a better idea than 15000 calories with lots of carbs?

I don’t eat much bacon myself. I prefer sausages. Easier to cook, and I find them tastier. It usually takes me 3 to 4 minutes to do a batch of bacon in the microwave. Nice and crisp. But a sausage only takes a minute or so, and certainly easier than handling and laying out the strips of bacon. :frowning:

If nothing else, the inconvenience of cooking a small batch at a time may cause slower consumption. :slight_smile:

(vera) #9

Yeah we eat completely different things
I used to be a huge health freak until a few months ago when I started binging

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #10

What’s you’re stress like?

(Tina Emmons) #11

Please know I mean no disrespect but is this even possible? In one sitting? I’m struggling to get 2000-2500 cal on feasting days…for the whole day. I am at like 80% or more fat tho. Curious how old you are?? Hope you stick it out here. Lots of help here.:heart:

(Gabriel G.) #12

I don’t have any specific answers for you, but I just wanted to say, hang in there!

It’s very brave of you to share this. I’m sure you’re not alone. Other people have beat it and so can you. Good luck!

Holy cow! Did you eat like $100 worth of food in one sitting? …and you say you do that every other day? Health issues aside, the cost of all this food you’re consuming must be astronomical.

(vera) #14

Usually when I binge, I binge on chinese medicine food(idk why but they are so good and so sweet like candy to me but super high in carbs and sugar), nuts, a lot of fruits and dried fruits, and a few months ago I picked up ice cream and oatmeal (I used to hate ice cream and oatmeal but now Im so obsessed I can eat so many cups of oatmeal in one sitting and pints of ice cream it’s scary)

(vera) #15

I’m 17 years old and my chinese doctor even told me not to eat so many carbs (but I used to not eat many carbs until a few months ago)

I also can easily eat 2000-3000 calories in one meal which is super scary

My hormones are imbalanced so I’m trying to balance it out
My doctor told me to eat more high fat food to maybe stop the binging but I’ve tried and it’s hard because even though I know I’m full I ignore it and keep eating

I used to be afraid of sweets, bread, rice, noodles, and ice cream and now I’m obsessed with ice cream and certain types of sweets

(vera) #16

I feel like I’m just craving for food because I start to think about it
Like my mind is playing games with me but I often give in

Thirty minutes after I binged I was sitting down and craving for some more raisins but I tried to resist the urge of getting raisins which was super hard but I did it (but I’m still craving it at the moment and it’s been five hours)

(vera) #17

I usually have a massive binge eat when I’m alone
I feel like when I put food into my mouth that’s when it gets bad and when people talk to me while I eat because I start eating ten times faster

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #18

Yeah, you carb up, you will never be free from hunger.

I ask about the stress because it works on the margins to induce poor choices. I highly recommend the Calm app, or some guided breathing, to reduce stress and gain some mindfulness.

You can make better choices, but it’s hard to fight your body when it’s got all your stress hormones going full tilt.

(Jay AM) #19

Reiterating, binge on fat. You will reach a point when eating fat where continuing to binge will cause extreme nausea and puking. Have you ever vomited a bunch of pure fat before? I can promise if you try to push it to that point that you will likely not do it again. It’s quite horrible. Did you ever watch the Clockwork Orange? It’s a movie. In the movie they try to “rehabilitate” this teen who is a terrible person. They restrain him in a chair and hold his eyes open and make him watch gruesome scenes while giving him a medication to make him super nauseated. After he leaves, anytime he even thinks of violence he gets sick immediately. That’s kind of how it feels to over eat fat. Very uncomfortable. It’s very easy to binge on sweets and lean meats. I could easily eat 3 large pizzas with the crust in one sitting and have a pint ice cream after. I can’t do that with a bunch of coconut oil or butter even if I’ve added something to make them taste like a dessert.

Sorry - just realized that I didn’t clarify: this worked for me even though I’m not really a binger, but the program is designed specifically for binge eaters and has a high success rate.