Binging

(vera) #21

thank you so much❤️

(vera) #22

I’ve tried eating a ton of coconut oil a few days ago but it made me sick and eat a bunch of carbs and now I don’t like coconut oil anymore

Madeleine, I saw your recommendation and read Never Binge Again last night. I like the concept and I don’t know how well it will work in practice, but I’ll try to apply it. I only had one real binge in 3.5 months, but the concept applies to a lot things, not just binges…also applies to small slipups.

I found it incredibly useful, almost like flicking a switch so that a few things that I have struggled with (for many years!) became non-issues. I could apply it to other things - and I’m sure I will - but right now I’m enjoying the effects of my two or three simple rules.

The podcast has a lot of episodes on the author promoting his health coach training (because I think it just started this spring) but many of the early ones are recordings of sessions he does with clients and the process is very clear.

(Airica Haag) #25

I don’t see a way to private message, maybe because I am new, but I wanted to ask you if you believe you are in an active food addiction? Have you considered Overeaters Anonymous? I am 74 days abstinent from binge eating in secret. I feel AMAZING. For the first time in over 20 years I feel human again. The guilt is going away a little each day. Some days I worry that I will binge, but I use the tools I am learning I’m recovery and will wake up tomorrow 75 days free of active addiction. I would love to talk more if you would like. There are so many like us. I never wanted to consume a weeks worth of calories in under an hour but it wasnt until I admitted I was powerless over food and asked for help that I began to heal. Its hard but its worth it. I promise. :heart::heart:

(Ron) #26

“I don’t see a way to private message”

Put the arrow on the persons name that you want to message and a message box will appear. Click on this box and message away.:wink:

But won’t that be counterproductive? As in, it makes you unlikely to binge-eat fat, but it might also make you feel disgusted to eat fat anymore, rendering you harder to follow keto lifestyle?

(Jay AM) #28

Fat didn’t cause the feeling, overeating when your body very clearly gave signals to stop causes it.

(vera) #29

thank you so much for reassuring and supporting me <3

So I keep wondering…

the feeling of disgusted = the feeling of filling?

It is the conclusion I come to, for some reasons. <_<

At least I felt quite disgusted if I eat lots of fat, yet I am not legitly full and satisfied yet.

(vera) #31

I ate 1,000 calories for breakfast today but only ate 0.5 grams of net carbs… is that okay? Or should I skip lunch later today…
I’m still hungry

(Raj Seth) #32

Eat more fat. When you can’t bear the thought of eating more fat, you are satiated!
If you’re still hungry - and you’re eating hardcore keto, then you need more.

(Felicity ) #33

Argh, I binged on whipped cream at the weekend :nauseated_face: never again!

(vera) #34

I binged again but on chinese medicine(high in sugar), cheese, butter, and meat it’s so hard to stop
and also everyone around me is against the keto lifestyle and doesn’t believe it’s healthy even though I’ve explained it to them and showed them so many trusted websites about why it’s better

(Jay AM) #35

Honestly? We can’t help you more than we have here. You have been given advice and information. But, we can’t force you to use any of it. It’s up to you to either change or seek help if you can’t change on your own. There is nothing wrong with counseling. I’m not telling you to leave, we do want you in the forum. I am telling you that you are going to need help beyond what we can provide on this forum. Posting that you are binging doesn’t do anything besides bring attention to you. We can’t fix it for you as much as we might want to.

Many of us deal with people, doctors, parents, friends, family, children that don’t believe in what we’re doing. But, we continue to do it. We aren’t doing keto for them. We’re doing it for ourselves. Figure out why you are doing it. A real reason, not just to get thin. Dieters think about being thin. People who are dedicated have more. Like, not growing up to have heart disease, diabetes, and die early. Gaining mental clarity to go through college and work in a good job. Being able to walk upstairs without being out of breath. Helping mental disorders or other health problems.

And, it’s not Chinese medicine. If it has a lot of sugar, it’s junk food. Plain and simple. It heals nothing, helps nothing, and provides nothing beneficial. So, call it what it is. Medicine implies healing.

(Gabriel G.) #36

Show them through your actions. You can make the change!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #37

I found a few very helpful inputs here:

Also Leanne Vogel from the keto diet podcast has a few very good episodes on bingeing.

Maybe that helps a little.
And also checking out how this starts, maybe if nuts trigger you, not having any in the house might help.

What also helped me is the podcast “happier with gretchen rubin” and/or her book “better than before”

Finding out what tendency you have and how you roll (abundance lover vs. simplicity lover or abstainer (me) vs moderator and so on…) can help you develop your own strategie.
My strategy might not be right for you and vice versa. That is why I find this resources more powerful than just telling you “Do this…”

Hope this helps. Hang in there :hugs:

(vera) #38

I’ve binged about 10k calories everyday and gained 30-40 pounds in the past two weeks (I know it almost seems impossible but I did it and I feel disgusting)

How do I get back onto the keto mindset?
I’d get all the triggering food out of my house and find my way back to the grocery store getting even worse food

(Jay AM) #39

I’m not sure what you’re looking for anymore. You have a whole discussion about this here with great advice and resources from people. We can only give advice. We can’t physically force you to change. Like I said in the original thread, consider therapy of some sort. Group therapy like Overeater’s Anonymous is a valid option. If you’re still in school, talk to a guidance counselor. DO SOMETHING. You have to help yourself. Take everyone’s advice and apply it.

(karen) #40

Well at least you’re tracking.