BHB - scam or legit

(Kellie) #1

Does BHB powder in water help ? I stated using it when I first started keto but does it actually help you at all in any way or is it a scam lol

(John) #2

Most agree it would be a boost to elite level athletes, other than that it’s expensive pee.

(Nathanael Schulte) #3

I disagree on the general concensus here based on my own recent experiments. I’ve been keto for over 2 years now and I’ve been looking for a way to get my wife over the hump and started as well. I agree it’s not a good long term plan to eat any old way and supplement with BHB, but my wife and I have small children and she’s been too exhausted to make a change. After hearing Dr. Adam Nally talking about how he would use it with some of his patients starting keto, I decided to ask her to try it and make no other changes til she was ready and felt up to making the change.
A couple weeks later, she voluntarily changed her diet, because it worked. She felt better and since she wanted to change diet but felt powerless to do so before, she made the change once she felt able.
So, what I did was buy this one because it’s unflavored and just BHB salts - a lot of what’s out there is mixes with caffeine or other weird ingredients. It’s also not being sold through multi level marketing:

Nutricost 4-in-1 Exogenous Ketone Supplement (17.86oz) 13g Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB) Per Serving, 500 Grams (Unflavored) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MU5HNRZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hrluBbR2TQSZ5

She put it in Diet A&W Root Beer and just drinks it.

I have also personally used it to help get over some stress and taper off Lexapro which my doctor put me on last year. It certainly feels like it helps some days, and others not. Honestly, GABA supplementation has been far more helpful for me, but that’s another story.

I hope that helps!

I’ve been struggling mentally and i wonder if this would help. I’ve already been doing keto for about 2 months and I’ve gotten into ketosis so I don’t know if this would just get wasted as excess or if it might give me that little boost.

(Nathanael Schulte) #5

Quite possibly, yes. I think 1 scoop, possibly in combination with 1Tbsp of MCT oil is a good place to start. It’s also possible all the electrolytes in the salts help with the keto flu as welll. I’m all about finding ways to bridge the gaps.

split this topic #6

A post was split to a new topic: Koa ketones

I’ve used BHB in combination with MCT oil and I feel like I’m getting good results, especially energy wise.

I mix it with a little protein as a meal replacement and it rocks.

My fav is a mix that is now available on Costco. Stoked because it’s a lot less expensive there.

https://www.costco.com/Koa-Nutrition-Keto-Fusion%2C-29.6-Ounces.product.100499428.html