Why? I cook and roast anything frozen (if I don’t remember to take it out a day earlier), what’s wrong with that? It works fine.
Normally I do that but it doesn’t work 100%. Eggs are naturally smelly and I find that awful in my most sensitive times (I hope they won’t come again, it’s hard enough that huge extra problem sometimes) while they are perfectly fine. Raw meat often has some unpleasant smell too (just a little, I feel it merely not nice, not spoiled) and my half-ready chicken soup smell quite bad. I can believe the quality could be better (sure. I just don’t want to pay 8 times as much… I will stop eating chicken I guess. I like turkey) but it’s not spoiled, that would feel quite different and there are other signs, not only the smell… So I try to figure out if it’s good to eat and I think I do it right but the smell is rarely good before I thoroughly roast or cook my meat. I can imagine it’s me and others don’t have this… I just want to say the smell aren’t fully reliable either. But they help a ton. I always smelled my food as a kid, Mom was upset I thought it might be not good! But I had to check and even if I know it’s good, I want to enjoy the smell too as every proper hedonist should do Smell, look, taste, warmth/coolness, everything!
Wow. Meanwhile I just brought some cheese and boiled eggs with me in a box and ate it 24 hours later once It had no problem at all, I smelled it
I met people being fearful after a few hours but it’s nothing! For cheese and most food, at least. I am most careful with raw meat and maybe raw egg, those are special. I can’t imagine a half-hard cheese being not OK to eat after 24 hours in my kitchen… We never even use soft cheese but we won’t keep that out. We don’t actually keep hard cheese out either intentially but it should be quite fine. Our kitchen is rarely hot, that helps, we eat almost anything if it’s kept out for a day accidentally. But if it’s harder proper cheese, I personally wouldn’t worry even in summer when our kitchen is the hottest.
One day i should learn about salmonella a bit… I have a zero fear towards it, well it couldn’t kill me, I am very paranoid about the things which easily or potentially kill me… I am a very very careful mushroom collector and eater too Not carnivore at all but I am no carnivore and it’s a fun hobby. Especially eating Amanita or Cortinarius (of course the edible species. both group has very many toxic ones but they are often stunningly beautiful! My camera - if possible, with my beloved macro lens - is a must in mushroom hunting. not like I am good at making great photos, I want to get that skill one day!). It’s very easy to do it safely if you ask me (at least for the species I collect… but I think these groups are easy in general. there are way trickier ones where even I give up and stay safe) so I don’t get why I read it’s not so. I think people are super careless and we know they are. I am super careful and I research, use my eyes etc. I know the 7 deadly mushrooms in my country and lots of the other toxic ones. But some deadly ones are so, so, so very pretty! I love plants, animals and fungi alike.
Mmm… What happens if we eat a snail right after it ate a (for us) toxic mushroom? That’s probably not healthy…