Best Keto Advice for a Newbie

(Scott) #61

Just count the carbs and enjoy.

As you could see, people have various opinions. And it’s understandable as we are different.
I always drank whatever kind of alcohol I wanted on keto, in the right amounts (the determination to do keto influenced my desires a little, though). My ideal amount of alcohol is very tiny (it went down on keto but it never was much), smaller if it’s very carby or very alcoholic and a bit of alcohol or 1g sugar never caused problems for me.
If you easily can skip alcohol for a while, do it, that is the best. But if it’s too hard for some reason, a little probably doesn’t cause problems. But it may, we are different. So I can’t say what to do.

(Paulene ) #63

Well that’s even better news!
Here in Australia wine is not required to have a nutrient breakdown on the lable so you have to rely on google searches.

It’s the same in Hungary. I have no problems if I use red wine (I only drink dry so the carb content is negligible anyway, at least for a small glass and it’s enough for me) but I still have little idea about my Stroh80 rum (not a problem as it’s so very strong that I only use it in desserts in really tiny amounts and very rarely) and I have to search for a while when I want to know the sugar content of my current (always very sweet) white wine.
And beers? No idea. Some have a label but most haven’t.