Best bread (like) recipe ever ! :)

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

So my GF made this last night, and it was off the chain ! {we put tuna on top, with sharp white cheddar on top of that, and broiled it in the over for a few minutes, for amazing tuna melts… but the bread “like” stuff was so good, I kept nibbling on it without tuna, straight off the baking sheet :)}

Mozzarella 3/4 cup
Cream cheese 2 tbs
Egg 1
Almond flour 2tbs
Garlic powder 1 tsp… optional (probably great if your using it for pizza :slight_smile:

First melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave, to make all the ingredients mix easier. Then spread over cooking sheet covered in parchment paper. (I guess a nonstick sheet with maybe some lard would work, but the paper worked great too)
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.

Unbelievable how bread-like this was ? You would swear it had flour in it ! We cant wait to make a Keto pizza on it :slight_smile: I know with only 2 tbs of almond flour, you wouldn’t expect it to hold any air, right ? Like it would be crazy dense… but not so. Amazing :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

This is basically Fat head dough, a keto staple with lots of variation. Yummy, right?

:cowboy_hat_face:

Whenever I do my cheesebuns crust, I use my Magic Bullet to pulverize my shredded cheeses up into a powder. Makes the cheese easier to mix with the other ingredients.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

I don’t double boil anything. I just put the whole ingredient list in my Cuisinart and pulse till it’s pebbles. Dump it out and it forms right into a dough ball. It mixes better when the cheese hasn’t been heated I think. Also a snap to clean up and easier. :man_cook:t3:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #5

Hmmm. Okay. My GF said it was easy though. Of course the first thing I asked her was, “Do you think you could repeat that to the T” ??? :grinning: And she said absolutely !
We are anxious to use it for a Keto pizza :grinning:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

All the versions are pretty easy, but skipping the melting of the cheese makes everything easier and I think improved the dough quality. When you melt the cheese some of the oil starts to separate and the dough is greasier and the mozzarella can get stringy making it hard to get a homogeneous mix. I got this from @matt and his version of pizza, and since the first time using I was sold on the improved dough texture and the elimination of a messy unnecessary step making it take half the time and basically not needing kneading! Win win :man_cook:t3:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #7

Okay thank you. I will tell my GF to try this next. Her recipe actually said doing this would make it mix easier, but heck, if it works even as well without it, that would be easier…
But either way, it was really good :slightly_smiling_face: