Been up for 40+ hours. Fat adaption rules

(Mary McNeight) #1

My air conditioner broke. I spent 14 hours throughout the night and morning fixing it. Ive been up for 40 hours straight and feel like I could keep going if I wanted to push it. I love being fat adapted. I would have never been able to do something like that on SAD.

(Karim Wassef) #2

Absolutely! Limitless energy once you tap into it.

Just needs water and salt to run.

(JJ) #3

I am often also awake for long periods of time, although would prefer to be sleeping honestly!
I am am a midwife and work a certain number of night shifts each month, I don’t sleep the day before the first night shift, or the day after I come off them and sometimes in the middle days, I may have commitments with the kids etc that mean I don’t get horizontal either. It doesn’t feel great, but I can tell you that it feels better now than it used to, before I was fat adapted. I have a 1.5 hour drive home, and don’t feel as drowsy these days with it either which is great for my safety and other motorists on the roads too.

Hope you got your aircon all sorted, I detest the heat and would have pulled an all-nighter to fix mine if it were broken too!