Been off and on Keto for about a month... time to get serious

(jilliangordona) #1

I was doing AWESOME on keto from November-February. I hadn’t lost much weight, but many of my PCOS symptoms has disappeared and my energy was amazing (made my job as a teacher so much more successful).

I “cheated” a few times, and was going on an off, and lately I just have been eating whatever… my PMDD symptoms have blown up and I have gained 10 lbs.

Even though this sucks, seeing the difference pre, during, and post keto, has made me get even more motivated to do this right this time.

Just wanted to post to make it seem more legit than making the choice in my head. Excited to get back at it… and trying my best to avoid keto flu this time around (any tips?!)

Thanks y’all!

(Jaidann) #2

I never got the keto flu. I feel I accomplished this by being a salt nazi!! I put it on everything that went in my mouth. I drank 1/4 tsp in water when I woke up. Had boullion cubes at work and home. I made a cube 2X a day. Then I drank 1/4 tsp in water just before bed. I did this for a solid 2 months at least. I didn’t touch potassium, that makes me nervous but I did get a decent magnesium supplement.

Good luck to you! You can do this!!

(Jane Reed) #3

Per Doc Nally, if you are fat adapted, you may experience some transient effects when overeating carbs, but you won’t get the keto flu. That would only happen if you reverted to being a sugar burner and then went back to keto. The doc said the reversion process usually takes weeks of the old way of eating.