Banana?

(Joey) #41

Congratulations!

(Jane) #42

I haven’t had a banana since 2017. Just looked it up and 1 medium is 23 carbs. Not worth it for me.

(Jane) #43

I did not know that - I will have to start buying some for my girls. I reminded my husband how out-numbered he was after we lost our male cat Max. The other 2 cats and dog are female, all my chickens are hens, the majority of my honeybees are female…

Totally agree

(Stickin' with mammoth) #45

Felt dat.

(Allie) #46

(Rebecca ) #47

:hugs: that’s amazing!! I’ll bet they would LOVE a Banana Split!

(Robin) #48

LOVE LOVE LOVE that you followed up with photographic evidence!

That was before I tried carnivore. I lost interest in both :smiley: That’s actually even better, not wanting at least some of the non-ideal items (it’s mostly for the chocolate, I overdid that sometimes while I ate banana without problems). I have 28g banana in my freezer now and it should be enough until December. I really don’t want it anymore.
If I could do it with coffee and fruits in general… sigh

It’s perfectly fine not eating everything nice. It never was a problem for me not eating the tastiest thing ever, pork during my 8 vegetarian and much more almost vegetarian years. I had other great stuff so I didn’t miss it.
Of course I know when someone desires something they don’t need… Like when I want biscuits. CRUNCHY, dry things, I don’t care about macros or anything, I just want crunch with a nice texture…
Maybe I am lucky, not desiring “random” things. (Nope, I still have too many potential temptations or accidents. But things get better with stronger habits, training and first of all, avoiding plant carbs. Not completely, that makes my inner rebel crazy and no one wants it to be crazy, just almost.)

I think about banana since I met this thread. That’s why I know I have 28g, I weighed it. I planned to sweeten my leftover and currently not sweet enough ice cream with xylitol and banana (the same net carbs according to the data I use) and see which is better but… I didn’t want that. So I used up some leftover raspberries, they would spoil soon and we can’t have that. Maybe 20g, I don’t know. it helped despite rasberries not being particularly sweet, rather sour (at least my canned yellow raspberries). And decided to be shy with the rum next time as the alcohol made it too bitter.
But once I made an amazing carni ice cream. I still need some no-sweetener weeks before it I guess…

Oh and once I run out of erythritol on keto (of course on keto, I use xylitol normally, that’s a tasty thing. but after carnivore I use xylitol on keto too. maybe half/half if my erythtritol order arrives. it was a naive hope I would stop eating sweets, oh well. if using xylitol is a problem carb wise, I use too much sweetener anyway. and total carb wise both are 100% but I don’t particularly care about that, it’s just another interesting number to play with) and used banana to sweeten my pancakes. It worked well even though I usually don’t stop below 5-6…

@Shortstuff: Thanks for the photos!!! I fed hens (not mine, I never owned any) with various stuff in my life but never with banana. I enjoyed seeing them eating, they can be so fun!

WOW you are the equivalent of a cheap date aren’t ya :clown_face::clown_face::unicorn:

so much I don’t miss ever truly…but there are a few items I would kill another for easily IF science said I could eat it all without ANY effects…could ya just imagine what life would be like on this planet? :skull_and_crossbones::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: yea me weirdo coming out here :scream_cat:

WHAT WOULD YA DO FOR A KLONDIKE BAR? heehee

(Stickin' with mammoth) #51

Such lovely ladies. I miss da chickies. Buck buck ba-GOCK!

(Jane) #52

:laughing: That’s exactly how they sound!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #53

I speak chicken, grew up with them as a kid. I have a soft spot for Buff Orpingtons, so squeezable.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #54

Run away, screaming.

IDK what a Klondike bar is but probably not something I would like.
Especially looking at the label.

The thread influenced me in the end and I ate banana after my just mildly satisfying ice cream (desiring it probably would have helped but it was too not-sweet compared to its bitterness). It wasn’t good but they don’t always the same good. 3g was a cute portion anyway, it did what I wanted from it, gave me a sweet bite after the too alcoholic ice cream.
I drank a tiny glass of pear juice too and tracked my day with xylitol sweetened chocolate, 3 different fruits (2 of them very sugary. my ripe Williams pears are serious, it’s a wonder I could drink it, well amounts matter), stew with paprika and onion and a bunch of other slightly carby items. Guesstimation (no one can track exactly) says just below 20g net carbs, no idea about the total, a bit higher but can’t be significant. 7 of it was egg and cream.
It was a good day albeit a tad low-cal but I couldn’t eat more. It was already a big eating window, 5 hours. (Of course it’s totally possible I will get hungry after midnight but I have food so it’s fine.)

And now I go back to my no fruit, no sweetener proper carnivore-ish. At least that’s the plan. The fruit juice on the bottom of jars waiting for me will be frozen immediately.

But I can talk about my fruits any time. My gooseberries (I have so tiny plants, when I was a kid, we had a huge one, I squat behind it eating and no one saw me) are in bloom, just like some of the plums and all the cherries. It seems we will have Bluefre for the first time! (It’s a plum.) It’s always exciting to try them the first time :slight_smile: Even just waiting for it.
Banana is special and nice but as it belongs to a way warmer climate, it lacks this specialness completely. And the taste is different too, it’s not juicy, not crunchy…
They go well with strawberries though… Sour cherries too. And other red fruits if you ask me. I just don’t use them together as that would require a bigger amount that I want. They still are good together and I live with a highcarber (a huge fruit lover like me but he needs way bigger amounts and more often) so it’s good to know such things.

(Rebecca ) #56

I’d lose my Fat Adaption status!!

I looked up Klondike. Oh I dislike all ice cream apart from mine, I avoid them since ages. And I am not into mine either, it’s just good. But I don’t desire it and it’s totally the carnivore woe’s fault. That I didn’t even do for longer term ever but it’s effective.
Ice creams are way too low-fat to my liking. And too sugary, usually, of course. Never tried keto ones (we don’t have these keto things) but they either must taste horrible (I have this with most sweeteners) or too sweet.

I don’t even understand half of the ingredient list and I don’t like that either… It’s so, so easy to make great keto, even carnivore desserts… (None of them can replace caramel Timtams, though. Sometimes it’s good I have a planet between me and Australia :wink: )

(Jane) #58

OMG. My chickens thank-you so very much for the bananas! They go “bananas” over them LOL.

You mentioned a keto waffle? What are the ingredients? The name of the waffle? Thanks
20220227_183639_07|

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #60

Do a forum search on “chaffle,” and you’ll find recipes and other information.

I believe there is also a recipe based on pork rinds in the Recipes forum.