Bad fat versus no fat

(German Ketonian) #1

I am off for some leisure travel and I wonder about this in situations where I can have, say, lean chicken or lean chicken with canola oil mayonnaise. The latter would allow maintaining ketosis, for sure, but most likely lead to inflammation. The former would put my on a low fat, high protein diet… Any advice?

why not cream cheese instead of the bad mayo

(German Ketonian) #3

Well, in cases where cream cheese is not available… I will be doing many dinners in restaurants where it’s either have bad fats or go without.

i go without, rather have to find ketosis again then deal with the harmful effects of bad fat. They would not have butter?

(German Ketonian) #5

I guess many do, but I was trying to create a worst-case scenario, you know? If I am torn between a rock and a hard place, which one do I chose. I will be having olive oil or butter for sure, but in cases where this is not possible I want to be prepared

(Shayne) #6

I’d go with the mayo if those are your options. Cheese, avocado, olive oil… maybe (assuming cream cheese not available).

Hopefully you won’t get stuck with skinless chicken breasts but maybe there will be other meat choices with a better fat profile.

Where are you going? If it’s somewhere you’ve never been, maybe there is someone on the board who has been there that can give you some tips.

(German Ketonian) #7

Going to France. I know this is not a problem at all! But depending on where my friends want to go, I could end up in some uncomfortable scenario, which I want to be prepared for. I think I’d also opt for the unhealthy fat, as long as it’s cold-pressed canola or sunflower oil. I draw the line with trans fats and that soybean menace…

I know the destructive forces at play in the grain and seed fats, so would never ever choose to take them, would do the protein. I can recover from that

(German Ketonian) #9

I see… I think since I am not having those inflammation issues (at least to this extent), it might be more worthwhile to stay in ketosis and have unhealthy fats once in a while. But this is definitely subjective which is why I am asking. I am truly curious! What are your experiences with those fats, @Alley?

i blame them on some cancers

(German Ketonian) #11

Yes, in the case of trans fats I agree! That’s where I draw the line as well.

i think any that the polymers can separate from are suspect

however, my argument maybe moot if not heated, this I do not know.