Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Jalapeno and Cream Cheese

(Sacha Beauregard) #1

Howdy folks! I found this recipe on Reddit, as a GIF recipe, and I couldn’t NOT try it. It was illegal in my mind not to try it.

The recipe is over here, so credit goes to the person who made this fine gif: https://i.imgur.com/bj5uiH1.gifv

Here’s the recipe, reduced to the single portion.

1 chicken thigh with skin
1/2 a jalapeno
1 modest spoonful of cream cheese
bbq dry rub or any seasoning you like
2 strips of bacon

• Preheat oven to 350F
  • Cut and de-seed the jalapenos. Stuff them with cream cheese and toss on some seasoning
  • Open up the chicken thigh and season the interior how you like. The recipe calls for BBQ dry rub.
  • Turn the jalapeno over, wrap the chicken around it fairly tightly
  • Then wrap the chicken / jalapeno package in bacon so the cheese ends facing up
  • Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until it’s exactly as cooked as you like.

Extra steps

• if using a grill, toss in some cherry wood to add that kind of smoky flavour
  • 10 minutes before it’s done, slap on some BBQ sauce (I’m gonna do this next time)

I made these during my meal prep last weekend and aww geez, you guys. I’m gonna make these again this weekend since I still have jalapenos. =D

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

This would be good with chicken breast, it is kinda dry, the bacon and cream cheese would take care of that.

(Ellen) #3

Daaamn that sounds rather tasty!

Yummmmmmm!