Bacon Poll.. Limp vs crispy

food

(Perpetua) #41

I’ll take it either way too. Crispy for toppings or in a broccoli salad and wiggly for eating with runny eggs.

(E.O.) #42

Neither if we are talking pork bacon (pork doesn’t do this body well). I do make up turkey bacon crispy for those salads and such which need that kind of taste.

(Karen) #43

Used to think crispy, now I prefer chewy.

K

(Susan) #44

Right in the middle thank you very much…

I agree that it’s a fine line between crispy and burnt, and burnt is something I really hate. Not that I’m fond of overly limp though.

See. This is why I have such a hard time with decisions. I over-analyze everything!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #45

What’s this blastphamy of which you speak?

(Victoria Mc Coy) #46

Medium rare. I should not be reading this thread while fasting. :bacon::bacon::bacon:

(Deb) #47

Used to want it crispy, now I’m loving the fat!!! Limp please.

(Deb) #48

I prefer bone in meat. :rofl:

Chewy

(Cywgdave) #50

Wiggly as my 6 year old says, I agree with him.

Well… For me, I think crispy would be better.

(Rob) #52

I started crispy but I am moving to limper with crispy edges. I only eat thick cut bacon now so you can more easily achieve the blend… I always struggled to make anything but crispy with thin cut bacon since it keeps cooking after I pull it from the pan. Happier with thick cut.

I eat mine with a little dab of cream cheese for each bite which cuts the saltiness and makes the chew more interesting. I have it every day.

(Karen) #53

I’ll try cream cheese. I eat it with eggs to cut the salty.

K

(Steve) #54

Ooh…melting some cheddar and mixing it with hot mustard would make a really nice dip for bacon. :slight_smile:

CRISPY!!!

Crispy.

(Wendy) #56

I like crispy but will eat it just about any way. I definetly like the thicker cut slices and prefer to cook them under the broiler.

I think I know now.

I always thought that the bacon is better when crispy, but maybe limp has its own attractiveness also.

The biggest concern is whether it is fatty. <_<

(I used a pack of bacon, where there are lots of fatty streaky bacon, and the taste is heavenly.)

I know I am asking something VERY STUPID AND VERY BASIC, but... how to make bacon and egg taste good?
(Empress of the Unexpected) #58

Crispy to the point it breaks when you pick it up!

(TJ Borden) #59

Well, I think the time has come to split this forum. I don’t know if I can be around crispy bacon people. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at some point it just becomes and issue of right and wrong.

Soft bacon is the CORRECT way to eat bacon, and is how you honor the pig that gave its life to provide it. To cook it to crisp is to dishonor the pig, and it’s sacrifice.

(Troy) #60

Bacon - Rare.
Steak(s) - Rare.

Next poll please :grin:
( butter maybe. Haha …soft, room temp, melted , chilled , frozen ) jk kinda
:joy::thinking: