Bacon Poll.. Limp vs crispy

food

Crispy… but not overcooked… there is a fine line there.

(Diane) #22

That’s high on my list of things to try next!

(grace elizabeth) #23

I eat a lot of bacon and like it pretty crispy, but next time I cook I’m going to try a little less crispy just to keep more fat in it.

(Karl) #24

A well-done steak is a ruined steak.

The same goes for Bacon.

(Jay AM) #25

I’d be more confused about people wanting crispy meat. :thinking:

(Teresa (turtle)) #26

I prefer a happy medium of the two :bacon:

(Lesley) #27

Both :slight_smile:

(Jason Barden) #28

Definitely crispy.

(Todd Allen) #29

I mostly use bacon in the slow cooker, especially in combination with lean meats like liver. There’s no waste or mess and it ought to minimize heat generated toxins. Also I get chunky bacon ends which for me are about 1/3rd cheaper than comparable strips and they work better with this style of cooking.

(Cathy) #30

A bit crispy on the edges and soft in the middle is perfect but if I had to pick just one, it would soft.

(mags) #31

I used a combination of avocado oil, light olive oil and the fat. Half n half lemon juice and acv. Def my best combo so far. Enjoy your experiment :grinning:

(grace elizabeth) #32

That sounds good! I’m definitely going to cook some bacon and liver in the crockpot. Liver is the only organ meat I like but haven’t had it in ages.
Do you just put them both in the pot and cook until done? Add anything else?

(RL) #33

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #34

Just more… that’s all. I’m not that picky, though when it’s cooked to the point of being bacon bits that haven’t been broken up yet, I’m less pleased.

(Steve) #35

Btw…you guys are an awesome influence…couldn’t help myself. :smiley:
(just now)

Oh…and I don’t know if annoys the hell out of any other Canadians, but bacon up here is exactly the same as what you get in the US and most parts of the world. What people call “Canadian Bacon” we actually call “Back Bacon”

bacon_cuts550

(Raven) #36

I can’t help but love it crispy honestly! Haha

You need new friends. That’s no different than well done steak. Disgraceful.

(Doug) #38

I think it’s all good. Really crispy - you can shove it in your mouth and voila - it’s bacon bits. Or not crispy - there’s a lot more to it, then, and that fat is delicious.

(Todd Allen) #39

I typically start with a little onions or garlic plus one or more vegetables/fruits such as collards, cauliflower, squash, tomatoes, peppers, etc. and some spices/herbs and the bacon. I’ll add liver later after the slower cooking things are half done as I prefer liver still pink in the center while I want the bacon cooked through with some of the fat rendered into the rest of the dish.

(grace elizabeth) #40

Thanks, Todd. I will get some liver next time I grocery shop and give this a try. I’ll probably just use garlic and onion. yum.