Back on the fasting horse

(Raj Seth) #1

Continuing the discussion from Fasting until all of the pounds are gone (or until my body tells me to stop):

Ok. So back from my first work trip since may 15.
On may 31, I was tipping the scales at as high as 227 on May 31 - or 14 above my May 15 weight of 213.
Was I concerned? NO
I was happily imbibing on my vacation - a steady supply of JD & Dt Pepsi. Iunderstand that when I drink alcohol, the liver goes I to red alert and stops all lipolysis till the alcohol-ysis is done. That may very well have caused me to go from 213# to 227#.

I also recognized that no one can gain 14# of fat in 17 days.

Anyway, I launched on my first work trip June 3 with a 3.5 day fast. I dropped 7# of bloat during that. Now weighing in at 217.5.

See - it was all water bloat!

So now I’m feasting for 5 days till I go on my next work trip on June 12, and I will fast for 8 days through June 20. Then back on a regular schedule of fasting on work travel, feasting at home - fasting about 40% of the time. I expect, with my restored metabolism, I should be able to continue my Keto journey and it will reflect in either Scale or Non Scale progress!

I love the fasted state. I am energized, alert and never hungry. Today, I am not fasted and I am fading and sleepy. Mid day. That never happens!

Why can’t we fast all the time? :slightly_frowning_face:

(Raj Seth) #2

Started my 9 day fast this morning. Had HWC Coffee and some home made bacon. Then drank a gallon of body salinity tepid water to do a cleanse - Yoga style “Shankhaprakshalan”.
Still have 1/2 gallon left in me - I weighed myself before so I know
Let’s see how this goes. I last did a 7.5day end of April and have been feasting since.

(Raj Seth) #3

Decided against doing an 8 day fast. No value add to trying to hurry the waist loss. I am just going to stay with the fast at work, feast at home schedule. Back from 1st work trip fasted (since vacation). Now at home and feasting on Friday evening. Start next work trip and feasting on Sunday morning.

This feasting period is unusually short. Mostly it will be 45% @work / fasting and 55% @home / feasting.

I think after a year of that, I am going to challenge Shawn Baker to an arm wrestle. (Guess who is going to win that one? Hint : name will start with “S”, not “R” :joy:)