Back from Alaska

(Jane Hull) #1

I have been in Alaska for the past 2 weeks. I knew before I went that I would probably not stay totally Keto but I had decided no desserts. I stuck to that and had some bread, a few potatoes but lots of salads and tried my best not to snack. I have been Keto for 6 months/-43 lbs. I was able to do two 5 mile hikes and a couple of other shorter ones. I pushed myself to get to the top of a mountain and see the start of a stream. I was comfortable on the airplane there and back, which was one of my goals. I felt great! I am home now and only gained 4 lbs. Started back today and I am now making a run for my goal weight. Thanks 2 Keto Dudes!

(cheryl) #2

43 pounds in 6 months sounds fantastic … i have been eating low carb 5 whole months and i have only lost about 20 … i am sure that you will have no trouble getting the vacation 4 off …and getting to your goal weight … good luck !

Smoked salmon, just say’in.

(Jane Hull) #4

My husband fished while we were there so we had fresh salmon and eggs for breakfast most mornings. We shipped halibut and salmon back home and had some for dinner last night.

(Jane Hull) #5

Thanks, I’m only up a few ounces now!

(Ken) #6

It wasn’t even fat regain. You just bumped up a little glycogen. You were in Maintenance.