Avocado Ice Cream!

Don’t throw away the overripe avocados. If they only have a few brown spots, cut them out and freeze the avocado meat. When frozen- add cream and any flavour you want. Put them in the blender. I just made some with sugar free cocoa powder and vanilla extract and sweetener and I thought it might be disgusting. NO. It was creamy and really really good! There are all sorts of possibilities there - like with peanut butter, nuts etc.

(Eric) #2

I’ve made a chocolate pie with avocado, and it was great. So why not Ice Cream?

@Jakelilydad
Good idea. But you did not bake the avocado filling?! And what was the crust made of?

(Eric) #4

LOL! No, I don’t think I baked the filling, I think it just firmed up in the refrigerator, though that was years ago, and I’d have to try to find the recipe to make sure. Crust I am reasonably sure was almond flour, sweetener, and melted butter. The crust would have been baked and cooled before filling.

I think it’s one of those recipes that soaks up the flavour of whatever you add to the avocado. Yet to try it but looking to soon!

recent development - but now I am not even hungry for my avocado ice cream.

(Diana) #7

I’ve made this with half avocado, half cup coconut milk, and tablespoon of cocoa powder, blended it up and put in ice cream maker. It was so amazingly creamy and delish. You can easily replace with HWC if you do dairy. Enjoy :slight_smile: